Funny Little Bits

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doglaner

Reaction score
Hello,

I've really only just started out, and have noticed that I have accumulated a number of bits of kit, and counting.

That's obvious, and to be expected.

What I am really enjoying are the unexpected items that are making a home for themselves in my kit box.

I have a few so far which I am using regularly, and which others may find useful. I'd be interested to hear of any more out there which are your favourites.

Mine are :

A trivet for standing my kettle on in the sink after a boil. This raises it up so that water can circulate underneath it and cool it quicker, and in my sink it also means it doesn't float and accidentally drift under the slowly running tap, as the overflow kicks in first, which means I can leave it alone.

Turkey Baster for taking samples out to measure the gravity whilst fermenting. Only have to,sterilise the one item.

Jacket Potato Boxes : this is my latest revelation. Obtained from our local farm shop, these hold 20 standard sized ale bottles and can be closed off flat for stacking. They are also made of very strong, thick cardboard. I pick one up every time I shop there as they use it instead of a carrier bag to pack my purchases, so it's environmentally friendly, too.

That's all.

Dog.

Latest posts

Back