Back in the game!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budgie

Regular.
Reaction score
Merry Saturday Brewers.

I haven't posted on here for a while as I've been manic busy with work and trying to renovate/move house in between. But I'm finally there and I have a day off tomorrow :smile: and I know you've all missed me terribly so brew day it is!

I'm looking for a bit of inspiration on what to make. I was planning a 10L stout or porter but I don't have as much as I though in the cupboard :doh: But I do have roughly:

1500g MO and 400g Spray malt
190g Crystal 120
400g Chocolate
300g Roasted Barley
I also have 100g of Fuggles and 100g Northern brewer.

Im sure someone who knows what they're doing will be able to suggest something awesome :grin:

Cheers.

I'm sure you could adjust the following to suit your ingredients and brew length.

I tried my first stout a few weeks ago. It was a mix of recipes from Graham Wheeler books and essentially used up some of my older grain stock:

the recipe was as follows (I have adjusted for a 23 litre brew):

Pale Malt - 4.68kg
Cara 3 - 144g
Chocolate - 216g
Roast Barley - 324g
Flaked Barley - 144g

Northern brewer hops - 72g - 60mins
Tettnang hops - 21g - 15mins
Irish moss - 5g - 15mins

Yeast - S04

ABV - 5%

Came out really well. This is one I will be doing again.

Cheers for that. :)
I made my first stout over the summer from one of Clibit's recipes and it was probably the best I've made. Only problem was we had a party one Sunday afternoon with it and no one can remember much after about 8 o'clock! :lol:

Latest posts

Back