Attempted wow.. Not looking good

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 15288

Reaction score
If you see the attached image, you will see that the Rose on the left is going pretty well. but the Orange/Peach/Grape on the right, not so much.

It has been sat there for 2 days now, and has developed that large head, and is producing very little gas through the air lock.

Have i ruined this one? Or should i give it some time?

20151129143034.jpg

Thank you, ill check it in the morning, see how its gong, if I don't see any progress, ill shake it up.

I looked at that and thought you'd mixed your left and right up lol. Looks to PBS going well to me, but as Cheapy said - give it a good swirl!

Surely if you've got a good head on top of the brew, but no bubbles in the airlock, then you've got a leak somewhere that's letting the gas out. It takes pressure to push the bubbles through the airlock and even a tiny leak will stop the pressure building up.

Surely if you've got a good head on top of the brew, but no bubbles in the airlock, then you've got a leak somewhere that's letting the gas out. It takes pressure to push the bubbles through the airlock and even a tiny leak will stop the pressure building up.

Yup. There just for show IMHO

Looks fine to me. Put some petroleum jelly around the rubber bung where the airlock enters, its probably leaking past that or the cap thread.

I looked at that and thought you'd mixed your left and right up lol. Looks to PBS going well to me, but as Cheapy said - give it a good swirl!

The one on the left is bubbling away nicely, more or less constantly. It did have about a half inch head on it at first, but it fell after a day or so.

The one on the right spent 2 days developing that head, then did nothing but form bubbles inside the head, like swiss cheese. Checked on it this morning, and the airlock is bubbling away somewhat slowly, but often enough to know that its on its way now.

Lets just hope neither taste like somebody just poured ethanol into some juice.

Latest posts

Back