AG #1 Hoppy APA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Labowner

Reaction score
First ag brew went well. Well for the most part it did I got a bit reckless with the pumping into the fv and ended up with a very sticky floor.
Used an app that I found on the grainfather site which allows you to add your recipe with additions/steps it times and beeps to remind you to do the next bit and makes the whole thing very easy as it remembers everything for you :)

Screenshots below are of the app, ignore the hop types I just made them up as the kit didn't specify which they were. Hop tea bags inside sealed foil packs marked 60, 10 and 0. It even times down 10 days or whatever you set for the fermentation :)

Screenshot_2015-12-01-21-33-04.jpg

Screenshot_2015-12-01-21-32-10.jpg

Lots of floaters in the beer so I racked to a second fv through a nylon straining bag after cold crashing. I hadn't the top plate firmly enough down on the grain in the mash sleeve and some got through into the wort :doh:. Think I will pump the wort through the straining bag into the fv in future brews to prevent this as it's simple enough to do.

Transferred into 3 mini kegs and 8 bottles, now just to wait and sit on my hands :whistle:

Back