Festival Endeavour

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BREWERS DROOP

Landlord.
Reaction score
If anyone can still get hold of this limited edition by Festival its a wonderful drink started on 26th Nov not fully cleared yet been in secondary for 2 weeks in the warm,now out into the cold,tastes fantastic.

IMG_3368.JPG

IMG_3370.JPG

I tried this and found it a little sweet, perhaps my temps weren't great, but certainly missed the mineral edge.
In my defence at the same time I suddenly got into hoppy american pales so perhaps my reference point moved.
Suffice to say I've never had another beer last so long in the keg!
Just my opinion.

A barrel of this lasts me a month,unless i get visitors :lol::lol: But i can say i ferment this at 22/23 degrees no problem at all.Managed to get another one to make this weekend,then its all grain to try once it arrives.But as far as a kit is concerned i do enjoy this drink,and so do my visitors.

I have to say the Festival kits are the best I've done. I sometimes get a little frustrated when racking as whatever I do the pellet hops always clog everything and slow things to a trickle.
Of course 20 mins of patience is more than rewarded by the taste.
Only problem is I seem to be developing middle age spread.

I've just put one of these on to brew today. I really rate the Festival kits so hopefully this one also lives up to their great standard.

I sometimes get a little frustrated when racking as whatever I do the pellet hops always clog everything and slow things to a trickle
Why not use a muslin or nylon bag to contain your hops? I use a large muslin bag boiled to sanitise before use, and weight it down with sanitised SS spoons. Result; no hop bits everywhere :thumb:

Why not use a muslin or nylon bag to contain your hops? I use a large muslin bag boiled to sanitise before use, and weight it down with sanitised SS spoons. Result; no hop bits everywhere :thumb:

Or use the little muslin bag supplied over the end of the siphon tube, but stopped from clogging up and getting stuck in the tube by the use of a 'champagne style' wire cage.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

Can someone help me out and describe the taste and style of beer of this kit? It's not obvious from the manufacturers description, and whilst the Festival kits are very good, I've found a few of them quite samey - is this similar, a US-style well hopped beer?

Hello all
Sneaked a bottle last night for quality control purposes. ..it's been bottled a month or so. Good carbonation and quite clear,still a bit young I think but a definite edge to it.
I'll report back in another month..

Cheers

Clint

I have one of these on the brew shelf as a replacement for the burst kit I had. Really enjoyed the first one.

Latest posts

Back