Red grape and Blueberry rose

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokeyRobinson

Reaction score
Ive made a few of these red grape and blueberry rose's and i have to say they went down rather well with the other half and my mam really enjoys it. I used Asda juice to make them (the stuff in the bottle that are on for 3 for £3 at the moment. I'm sure someone else will have made one but heres my way of making it

1ltr red grape
1ltr blueberry juice
700g sugar
1 tspn pectolase
1 tspn citric
1 cup of strong tea (yorkshire tea of course)
wilkos wine yeast

Topped up with cooled boiled water to roughly 4ltrs and the S.G came in at 1.080

Ive just kicked off a batch of this as above but as the juice is on 3 for £3 i got a bottle of raspberry grape and pommegranite juice and put this in aswell. Be interesting to see how this turns out. Im expecting it to be lighter as the extra juice has white grape in it.

Thanks for sharing, I'am going shopping when the shops open
I've got to try this recipe :thumb:

HI guys thanks for the feedback. Chippy the blueberry and red grape really does make an excellent rose and is well worth making. Its in the asda chilled juice section amd as i said they are on for 3 for £3 at the moment so well worth a trail run. Let me know what you think

mark

Cqr hope you find it as enjoyable as the other half and I do well worth a go in my opinion. Ill let you know how the one with the mixed fruit goes and judging by the way its going at the moemnt could well turn out to be a regular on my to brew list

Mark

HI guys thanks for the feedback. Chippy the blueberry and red grape really does make an excellent rose and is well worth making. Its in the asda chilled juice section amd as i said they are on for 3 for ���£3 at the moment so well worth a trail run. Let me know what you think

mark

Thanks for the heads up.

I am assuming its this juice, its only 11% juice could you taste it over the red grape juice? did you use one litre of each?

Ingredients

Water , Blueberry Juice Not from Concentrate (11%) , Sugar , Blueberry Puree (2.0%) , Acidity Regulator (Citric Acid) , Flavouring .

5054070601075_280_IDShot_3.jpeg

yes thats the one and too be honest it didnt overpower the red grape just made a relly pleasent easy to drink rose. Definatley best served chilled and didnt need any finings to clear either. Ive made a good few of these and all have gone really well with no problems

Mark

Bit of an update on the progress of the wine. Degassed yesterday and now is sitting patiently waiting for bottling. I had a sneaky taste and it is very nice. The other variation i tried of this is still going been getting bubbles in the air lock for around nine days now but this has been a much slower and didnt really take off for ther first few days when you would expect fairly vigarous fermentation. I think i will leave until tomorrow and take and SG. I also tried a banana wine and have just bottled it the mrs seems to enjoy it and i have to say im fairly surprised by the smooth tatse of this definatleyon for the collection. If anyones interested i can post the method

Mark

As I'm new to homebrew. This maybe a stupid question if I want to make the 25 litre bucket full of this do I multiply this by 5? Any help would be awesome. Thanks in advance

As I'm new to homebrew. This maybe a stupid question if I want to make the 25 litre bucket full of this do I multiply this by 5? Any help would be awesome. Thanks in advance
I would only use 2 tsp of yeast and maybe a bit less citric acid too reading from previous posts.

I have always used 3 heaped teaspoons of yeast per 22.5 litre (5 gallon) as i would rather use a little more than risk it failing.

We stopped using Citric acid in our juice wines a long time ago as Mrs Tea wasn't keen and to be honest i didn't notice the difference.

If you are making 5 gallons (22.5 litres) you need to use 5 x everything including the tannin (mugs of black tea ) the exception being you only need 3 teaspoons of yeast.

Back