Favourite style

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

junior1

Reaction score
Looking on feedback to everyones favourite style of homebrew.
My favourite is pirters

Not come across pirters before ;)

For me it varies through the year. In the winter a dark (e.g. a Porter ;)) or amber ale goes down well. In summer I favour the lighter more hoppy styles of ale.

I like all styles except maybe some lagers and rauchbiers - I really don't like rauchbier :-@
Pales and ipas, unfortunately might be a bit of a common choice but modern hops can't be ignored!

Oh, and anything by Mikkeller, his 'out there' style is always interesting.

Sorry for misspell lol porters I love to brew. I've done a maple syrup and bourbon porter.,also a chocolate nibs blaberries and scotch bonnet chilies porter which a lot of my friends loved.

I don't have a fav style and since home brewing am enjoying discovering more..

IPAs and PAs are many varieties seem a staple for me though, but making AG Stout and Saison is opening the door up a bit now..

I would like to get a bit more experience in AG brewing to try a saision. I did a youngs saision kit and loved it

im loving wheat beer just now ( just had long weekend in berlin) but usually a lager or pilsner drinker. i like trying to get more flavour into a lager whilst keeping them light and "clean". to be honest im not keen on ales or anything served warmer or flat.

I love my stouts but also many other styles but the reason that brought me to home brewing was a dark lager I had in Prague.

Not a great fan of Stouts to be honest but I do brew just about everything else. Favorite would have to be IPA's

I've tried to brew more variety this year but it just leaves me yearning for super hoppy pales. Love em

I was a lager boy:oops:

it needs to be an exceptional lager before that stuff passes my lips again :nono:

anything else is fair game from sour to wheat - biere de guard to RIS. :grin:

Yep, I'm with Gareth. Super-hoppy, nice and citrussy, and mainly not too malty. Ah, but I do a very nice malty bitter with only English hops. Lots of them dry, though. And, I'm working on a very malty brew indeed, darkened with crystal and chocolate malts - but loads of hops (can't leave them alone....... :) )

Like Graz, it seems to be "Light coloured in summer" (Bitter and PA's and almost all low alcohol) and "Dark coloured in winter." (mainly Milds).

Year round I occasionally brew a kit lager for a bedridden mate and even drink it myself if said mate decides he doesn't like the taste of a particular brand, like now with Youngs Harvest Lager. (Which I think it tastes okay and I don't normally like lager; so maybe that's a clue as to why Mike doesn't like it ?!?!)

I've just brewed my first AG batch of Hull melon hop IPA it's a single hop brew that's come out at abv 6%. I was told I had to wait 6 weeks till opening the first bottle. Don't know if I can wait that long

I love almost all beers except run of the mill "british" lagers which are tasteless waste of a clean glass. Mainly drink hoppy IPAs but branching out with AG to try and taste every hop out there. Just made a Cornish Tin Miners Ale with Bramling cross and am liking the blackberry background...mind you it needs another few weeks conditioning before it is ready - thank God for lent so I can stock up as I don't drink for that time and so my beers get conditioned properly for a change!

I was told I had to wait 6 weeks till opening the first bottle. Don't know if I can wait that long

Not at all! :)
You might have to wait 6 weeks until the beer's at it's best but, hey, you've just got to keep at least a weekly check on the carbonation!
It's called quality control, a cornerstone of proper modern management :thumb:

Latest posts

Back