• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Strange request

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrswede

Reaction score
Hi there guys,

I'm new here, and I am from Sweden. I have a strange request :mrgreen:

I would like to buy a beer from Buxton Brewery through Eebria, but they only deliver in the UK right now.

Is there a kind soul out there that would like to help me with this? I will tell you what I want, then yon can order it and I will of course pay for the items (2 bottles only) plus the postage to you in advance before you make the order. Then I will send a pre-paid label from Royal Mail to put on the parcel. The ''only'' thing you would have to do is to print the label and then bring the parcel to a Royal Mail distributor/location that handles international parcels.

Any one out there that need some good karma? Or perhaps would like something sent from Sweden? :whistle:

I'm not too far from Buxton. Though never heard of Eebria.
I could possibly buy from Buxton brewery direct, and forward to you. Why are you so keen to get hold of a couple of bottles??!!

Thanks guys!

It´s the collaboration between Buxton and the swedish brewery Omnipollo - the beer is called Yellow Belly. It sold out in Sweden in no time (alcohol monopoly), and it looks like the only option is to buy it directly from Buxton (they also have a limit on two bottles per person/order).

Sutty: First of all, you are awesome! If you someday happen to be in the neighbourhood of Buxton, and have a few minutes - I would appreciate it a lot. But I don't want to create any inconvenience for you, so only if you have time over and happen to be in the neighbourhood. Please let me know by private message how to forward the money to you.

EDIT: If you like sweet imperial stouts, you should try Yellow Belly :thumb:

Hi there guys,

I'm new here, and I am from Sweden. I have a strange request :mrgreen:

I would like to buy a beer from Buxton Brewery through Eebria, but they only deliver in the UK right now.

Is there a kind soul out there that would like to help me with this? I will tell you what I want, then yon can order it and I will of course pay for the items (2 bottles only) plus the postage to you in advance before you make the order. Then I will send a pre-paid label from Royal Mail to put on the parcel. The ''only'' thing you would have to do is to print the label and then bring the parcel to a Royal Mail distributor/location that handles international parcels.

Any one out there that need some good karma? Or perhaps would like something sent from Sweden? :whistle:

I'm happy for you to deliver to my address and then I'll forward to your address in Sweden.

(as long as it's legal to send beer in the post to Sweden :-)

Note that it may be cheaper to split the beers into 2 parcels i'd not ideally want to do that. 1 x 500ml beer costs £2.80 to deliver in the uk. I've done that a few times for forum members.

just checked it's £13.26 for up to 2 kg to Sverige

http://www.royalmail.com/personal/international-delivery/international-economy

pm me if you want to go ahead.

Looks like the latest batch can't be found for love nor money either. The beer equivalent of trying to buy Glastonbury tickets... :)

Haha. To be fair, I didn't try THAT hard. Haven't seen it in my local bottle shop & the online bottle traders that had it in stock were coming out around £15 a bottle if you include postage.

Is it any good? Worthy of fuss?

Haha. To be fair, I didn't try THAT hard. Haven't seen it in my local bottle shop & the online bottle traders that had it in stock were coming out around £15 a bottle if you include postage.

Is it any good? Worthy of fuss?

Imagine if 1 day your beer or cider was being sourced from another part of the country and the joy it would bring you:)

Now imagine if it was from a different country or across seas 😃 🍺🍕🎉🎈

Latest posts

Back