First AG hull melon IPA bottled

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting choice of hop. Never used it. What was the recipe, abv, etc? Six weeks is a decent amount of time but if it's only 5% abv I'd be tempted to sample after four weeks; two in the warm, two cold.

I've marked a sample bottle of this beer 330ml so will try it at 4 weeks will let you know how it goes

I've marked a sample bottle of this beer 330ml so will try it at 4 weeks will let you know how it goes

If it's meant to be hoppy, then at 5% I wouldn't leave it 6 weeks to try it, hop aroma fades quickly, so give it four then crack one open.

Thanks for the information Gareth can't wait to try it. I also did a brew today a single hop saaz ale the smell is amazing

I haven't got nearly that amount of patience, I give one bottle 12 days in the warm and the 2 days in the fridge as a first tester to see how it's coming on. It's interesting to see how the following 4,6 and 8 weeks conditioning changes the flavour and characteristics of the beer.

Back