Barefoot rose clone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ads

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Up to now I have been making Turbo ciders, but would really like to have a go at a WOW.
Both the missus and myself tried a Barefoot Rose recently and really liked it. Does anyone have a WOW recipe which is maybe close?

Cheers
Ads

My daughter in law loves barefoot and she has said she prefers my wows to it although they are a little stronger, anything with RGJ or Purple grape juice comes out nice, try it with apple, or apple n mango, or tropical and see what ya missus says.

wows.jpg

Thanks for that. They look great.
Do you have a recipe for one of yours just to get me started please?
I'll be doing 5lt demijohn's. Did you just split the juice 50/50?

Also where did you get the juices from, can't find some of them in tesco.

Cheers
Ads

Rosé wine (One of the best)

1 litre Red grape juice (ASDA)

1 litre Apple Juice (ASDA)

800g Sugar.

1 tsp Tannin or a mug of very strong black tea. (3 bags stirred every couple of minutes as you put the rest of the ingredients together)

1 tsp Yeast (i use youngs super wine yeast compound)

1 tsp Yeast Nutrient.

1 tsp Pectolase.

1 tsp Glycerine.

1 tsp citric acid or juice of one lemon. (optional)

Here is the how to - http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=49462

IDShot_225x225.jpg
5051413484562_280_IDShot_3.jpeg

Its just a standard wow recipe really,

try one red grape and one apple juice (I use sainsbury RGJ and tesco value apple juice)
800g sugar
3 bag mug of tea (I use lady grey)
A few tsp's lemon juice or tsp of citric acid
1 tsp pectolase
1 tsp yeast
1 tsp yeast nutrient
1 tsp glycerine
put into a DJ and leave for a few days for primary fermentation to slow then top up to shoulder with water

if you don't want it too strong so its more like a barefoot then reduce the sugar to 700g

EDIT Mr tea beat me to it!

Thanks Guys. Will give this ago after my strawberry TC, which is a firm favorite as this is the second batch I am doing. :)

I'm hoping to get a nice wine to give to my parents for their Golden wedding anniversary. Thought it would be something a bit different. :)

Cheapbrew, What tropical juice did you use?

Cheers
Ads

I'm tempted to try one of these myself.... They sound pretty nice like!

I haven't found one I don't like yet, just some are a little nicer than others, everyone who has tried mine have really liked, or loved them, and a few have asked me if I can make some for them or sell them some!

Thanks Guys. Will give this ago after my strawberry TC, which is a firm favorite as this is the second batch I am doing. :)

I'm hoping to get a nice wine to give to my parents for their Golden wedding anniversary. Thought it would be something a bit different. :)

Cheapbrew, What tropical juice did you use?

Cheers
Ads
Sainsbury RGJ and Sainsbury tropical, added 760g sugar its really nice, cost £2.50 in juice n sugar for 6 bottles!
Tropical contains 53% orange, 42% pineapple, 4% banana, 1% passion fruit

Thanks to both Cheap brew and Chippy Tea. Will be out buying the juices this week ready for sunday. :D

Thanks to both Cheap brew and Chippy Tea. Will be out buying the juices this week ready for Sunday. :D

Some juices are not 100% so double up if you choose these or the finished wine may be too watery.

Might actually try this. Might be nice for summer. :)
Sainsbury's Watermelon, Raspberry & Apple Juice, Not From Concentrate 1L

Sainsbury's Watermelon, Raspberry & Apple Juice, Not From Concentrate 1L

Apple Juice not from Concentrate (75%), Watermelon Juice not from Concentrate (14%), Raspberry Juice not from Concentrate (10%), Aronia Juice not from Concentrate, Antioxidant: Ascorbic Acid.

If you can get a litre of red or white grape juice the wine will be much better than if you just use the juice above on its own, try to aim for 1100g of sugar total for 13% there is 84g in the carton above.

Thanks Chippy. I was planning on 1lt red grape juice with the juice above, then about 800g sugar to get around 11-12%. Unless my calculations are off??

Cheers
Ads

The red grape juice i use (Don Simon) has 163g of sugar per litre so it would be around 1047g total, if you want it around 11% i would aim for 900g total, i dropped mine to this many months ago as at 13% (original recipe in the earlier post) Mrs Tea could only drink two or three glasses before it knocked her out. :lol:

I usually try and make the sugar inc the juice sugar content around 1kg and check with hydrometer that it is somewhere around 1075-1080 this gives around 11.5 - 12%

1070 ish for 11%
1080 ish for 12%

Thanks, Just wondering how you would check with the Hydrometer. Unless I am missing something you ferment the juice first and then top up with water. How would you check the OG?
I'm probably being thick to be honest. :)

Thanks, Just wondering how you would check with the Hydrometer.

I made a 5 gallon juice wine in my FV multiplying the recipe above by 5 i then checked the SG with my hydrometer, to be honest you don't really need to check the SG if you use the sugar quantities mentioned in this thread, i only use mine to check fermentation has finished and rarely do that now, once i only see a bubble per minute i call it done and rack it.

That is why I put ish, as it will drop a little with topping up with water, try one using between 1kg and 1100g and then adjust up or down on the next if you want it weaker or stronger.

Latest posts

Back