Whats can i use to back sweeten my cider?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerCat

Landlord.
Reaction score
East and West Grimblestbottom under the rye
I have tried my Cider and its extremely dry. I tried to add some lactose but didn't work. Lactose is funny stuff and does not even taste sweet to me. I thought i could add some cordial but would rather stay away from preservatives and i don't like artificial sweeteners. I have heard of Stevia but never tried it. I presume that does not ferment? Wondering what you good people normally do? Thanks

Haven't tried it myself but I have heard that any artificial sweetener can be used for example Stevia.

alternatively you can just add a little bit of granulated sugar to your glass before drinking

When I'm bottling my cider I bottle into 1L bottles and use 2tsp of sugar and 3 Canderel tablets and this tends to get my SWMBO's seal of approval.

Has anyone tried using stevia? Its not artificial its a plant which you can buy orgainic leaves from ebay or the extract. Canderel contains Aspartame which is GMO bacterial ***** so i personally i would never use it no offence. Meant to be very bad for your health.

Latest posts

Back