AG - Chinook SMaSH(ish)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkier

Reaction score
So, i took the day off yesterday so i could catch up from sleep after watching the superbowl. As i had some time on my hands i decided to brew :) I used the same smashish recipe i used last time but changed my hops from Cascade to Chinook.

ere is the recipe i used:

1Kg Maris Otter
0.1Kg Vienna Malt

60 minute mash @ 66 Celsius
Mash out to 77 Celsius

60 minute boil

6g Chinook at 60 mins
6g Chinook at 15 mins
15g Chinook at flameout

pitch yeast at 21 Degrees

This is my 3rd batch of beer and i've definately caught the brewing bug. No major problems with the brew day.

Once again i filmed the lot for my youtube channel:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXLXFhLjgL8"]Still can't decide whether or not to call them demijohns or carboys[/ame]

I love a Chinook brew - I hope you realise how powerful a hop it is?

Bleurgh.! Them grapefruit get everywhere.

Is there a commercial beer that is a good advert for chinook that I could maybe try?

Buxton Brewery Moor Top. Lovely beer. :thumb:

You can get bottles.

Buxton Brewery Moor Top. Lovely beer. :thumb:

You can get bottles.

Dont know that one but will be heading over buxton way in a week or so and will try and get some from the brewery.

Clibit I have used chinook for the first time last month in an AG brew so am curious to see how it turns out. Well Admiral and chinook. will post the recipe as soon as I remember to.

Chinook and Admiral should be good. There's a brewery tap in Buxton, in the town, I keep meaning to visit. Excellent apparently.

I racked this into secondary fermentation the other night. It tasted spectacular. I hope it doesn't lose too much hop character by the time i've bottle conditioned it.

Latest posts

Back