Has anyone heard of "metaal vries" kegs?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

planker101

Reaction score
Howdy,
I'm from the US and have a chance to buy 10 clean looking kegs to convert to keggles (I build brew stands and convert kegs for people), but I don't want to buy them unless they are owner kegs and not "stolen".

The only markings shown in the pictures say "metaal vri??" I'm pretty sure it's "metaal vries"

Internet searches tell me that the language is dutch and google translates it to "metal freeze"

In the US there are kegs that are obviously "stolen" budwiser, coors, etc, and then there are kegs that are owner kegs, usually un-labled, but there are a couple brands that are privately owned.

If anyone knows about the "metaal vries" brand of keg I would greatly appreciate any help. My lack of speaking any European language is really inhibiting my ability to get information about these kegs :(

Cheers,
Patrick
00u0u_6NGuBO8Za51_600x450.jpg
00o0o_1xk194ItIZX_600x450.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I also found that site, but after translating it into english it does not sound like they make kegs. seems like it is mostly smaller parts. I could be wrong though, I did have to translate it.

If you scroll to the middle of the page in the link under 'productgroep' it says they make beer barrel kegs - take another look. I found the exact company....

Thanks, that is super weird. The first time I clicked your link it took me to a page I had already found, but now when I click it it takes me to a different page that does make it look like it is a manufacturing company as opposed to a brewery.

Thanks for the help!

Latest posts

Back