Experiments

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gingerbrews

Regular.
Reaction score
Is it just me who wants to try out different types of brews?
SWMBO has commented on the need to brew beers which have turned out not to be quite my own taste. I don't mind because I always have willing friends to take extras off my hands, and I like to attempt something new.

Is it just me who wants to try out different types of brews?
SWMBO has commented on the need to brew beers which have turned out not to be quite my own taste. I don't mind because I always have willing friends to take extras off my hands, and I like to attempt something new.

Just like the Princess, you will have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your Prince ... :whistle: :whistle:

... and then you find that your "Perfect Pint" begins to pall so you start kissing the frogs again! :whistle: :whistle:

Enjoy the experimentation! :thumb: :thumb:

To expand on my rather flippant reply :) I'm sitting waiting for my DPD driver to deliver (between 11:51 and 12:51) ingredients for

Weissbier
Rye Beer
Cream Ale
North German Alt

Oh the anticipation!!

You're not alone. I, like many others I'm sure, am left with lots of part packets of hops and speciality grains. So every once in a while I'll brew a "Bitsa". Some of my best brews have happened using this method. I rarely make notes with these because that's how I think it should be.

Have fun!

Dave

I treat every brew and every wine I make as an experiment, even if I follow a tried and trusted recipe, you never know what might happen along the way to change the final outcome, same as cooking, my Chilli's are great and sometimes they are brilliant, and every now and then one comes out not so good, all using the same recipe and the same ingredients, but all are good food and get consumed.

I tried to brew a wider range of beers but find that I just gravitate back to my preferred styles, and wish I had more of them. So I'm going to just accept it from now on and brew mostly pales and bitters. Mostly pales though.

I still think I can get huge variety with different grain bills and the literally hundreds of hop varieties that are available now.

I tried to brew a wider range of beers but find that I just gravitate back to my preferred styles, and wish I had more of them. So I'm going to just accept it from now on and brew mostly pales and bitters. Mostly pales though.

I still think I can get huge variety with different grain bills and the literally hundreds of hop varieties that are available now.
This. Although in quite new to brewing I don't think I'd ever brew something I wouldn't generally choose to drink. Pales/goldens for the summer Scottish reds / bitters for the winter.

There are so many different kits and AG recipes that you could stick to the same styles but barely do the same recipe twice.

Even if I try to do the same brew twice (which isn't that often), they never end up the same anyway!

I could probably do the same recipe forever and never get the same brew twice

even if you did everything the same, the original comparison bottle would be 2-3 weeks older and memory can be a bit of a challenge when you're 50+ and brewing 6% plus beers!:lol:

like you say GHW you brew your favourite styles(s) and whilst it's difficult to get an exact match with a previous brew the subtle variations are all part of the fun. I've done about 10 hoppy ales with new world hops and they've all been a bit different but all have been fabulous.

I do dark belgian abbey beers too.. and wheat beers and.....:whistle:

Latest posts

Back