Here we go!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JapanBrew

Landlord.
Reaction score
Photo%202-13-16%2C%202%2009%2038%20PM.jpg

I hope that image works...
2.5 KG of Pilsner
1 KG of base malt

14 liter brew....
Hops, going with Nugget, 15 g. at 60 min.
then going for flameout of Northern, 10 g. for some strange finish flavour.

Just started so lets see!!!

Nope.. no image.... strange. Does anyone know how to show them from dropbox? I don't understand how to post up pics to a thread..... too dump of me...

Chilling down now. Only hit 10.5 brix!!! Boiled off a lot. But I pitched the Northern hops when the wort cooled to 80. Let's see what flavors come out.

Clibit, sorry, yes. Do you have any experience with that type? It's the first time for me. The selection of hops are **** here in Japan. Good if you consider it's illegal to homebrew!!!

Clibit, sorry, yes. Do you have any experience with that type? It's the first time for me. The selection of hops are **** here in Japan. Good if you consider it's illegal to homebrew!!!

Yes I've used them a bit. I've used German grown, you probably get the American ones. They are an English hop though, developed here. English in nature, good for bittering as they are clean, flavour is herby and a bit minty. They are the standard hop iflavour n an American beer called California Common.

They are not for big hoppy beers, but great in more English styles, and the Cal Common is more English than American I feel.

Yes I've used them a bit. I've used German grown, you probably get the American ones. They are an English hop though, developed here. English in nature, good for bittering as they are clean, flavour is herby and a bit minty. They are the standard hop iflavour n an American beer called California Common.

They are not for big hoppy beers, but great in more English styles, and the Cal Common is more English than American I feel.

Nice. But, I'm an idiot.... All the time I trash Morgan's yeast.... It stops a lot, probably due to package handling. So what do I do!?!? Pitch Morgan's yeast!!! 14 hours in and not much happening!!!! I pulled one of my 05 grown batch from the fridge and warming it up now!

Good luck with the brew.:thumb:

At the moment, it is so cold in my garage that even in the warm cupboard the only sign of life in the two FV's is a slow build up of trub (seen through the plastic at the bottom of the FV) and a slight off-set of the liquid in the air-locks. I presume that the meagre production of CO2 is seeping round the lids or the air-lock plugs.

When I was in Saudi Arabia many years ago alcohol in all its forms was (and still is) illegal so finding a source of hops was only a dream.

Even so, malt extract was available (to make malt-loaf obviously), tea was readily available (which gave us the astringency normally provided by hops) and baker's yeast managed to accidentally turn a lot of malt extract and sugar into alcohol.

After not even sniffing a beer for a month it was amazing just how nice these accidental fermentations tasted. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Latest posts

Back