Carbonate

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

junior1

Reaction score
Hi guys looking for someone feedback.
Going to keg 40 pints of Cooper IPA. Putting correct amount of sugar in hot water to dissolve and cool down so I can ad to the keg before I transfer to my king keg. My main query is once I've filled my keg with my IPA do I then prime my keg with CO2 to fill the keg up and stop possible infection or leave in keg once filled with IPA to carbonate a few weeks

Personally I would just let it carbonate naturally. In the extremely unlikely event you have introduced something to contaminate your brew (on the assumption that you carry out normal sanitising precautions) adding CO2 will not stop it going off. If you are adding CO2 to reduce the oxygen concentration in the gas space above the brew you will need to vent the PB; if you don't, the same amount of oxygen will still be present in the gas space and you will have achieved nothing.

Ditto terrym.

I actually check that it has started to pressurise after about three days.

One time I hadn't sufficiently tightened the cap on the King Keg and it was still as flat as a pancake so I tightened up the cap and (probably unnecessarily) gave it a quick boost with a capsule of CO2.

Well I'm well chuffed with my keg. I only had to prime it once all through drinking the 40pints.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back