Signing Off For Three Months!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just to let everyone know that I am signing off tonight as we are on our way to France for three months and we have no internet access where we stay (a tiny village called Severac).

I am leaving four DJ's fermenting away (2 x Barley Wine and 2 x Apple & Plum Jam Wine) and about 50 bottles of beer maturing so I will have plenty to do and drink when I get back in June ...

... in time for the "In/Out" vote! :whistle: :whistle:

I won't be brewing anything in France, but I will still be drinking beer, collecting flip-top bottles and wearing my HBF T-Shirt with pride (when it gets warm enough).

Play nicely while I'm away!:lol: :lol:

Best regards,
:thumb: :thumb:
Ian

Just to let everyone know that I am signing off tonight as we are on our way to France for three months and we have no internet access where we stay (a tiny village called Severac).

Have a good one. :thumb:

Have a good one Dutto, looking forward to hearing about what french beers you wrangle out of the locals.

Not your top priority, I'm sure, but I think every Mairie in France has to provide an Internet terminal for public use. Just saying... :wink:

(Internet died so ended up posting twice - maybe I should head to France...)

Have a good time there, I think they have a long brewing tradition in Brittany do make sure you have a good look about for new beers and breweries

Only a couple of weeks to go and we will be back home to start brewing for the Autumn visit!

My attempt to get reusable 5 litre mini-kegs was thwarted as everyone I bought had a plastic CO2 container inside that was impossible to remove!! It took three different makes and the removal of a top with a tin-opener to convince me!! Doh!

Not to worry, I decided that the swing-top bottles were a better bet so I set about drinking enough to make it all worthwhile.

Other quick news (the library shuts in fifteen minutes or so) is that:

1.Duvell make a Three Hop Brew that is hoppy enough for the most ardent hophead.

2. Trappist Monks must be determined alcoholics as their "fermented in the bottle" brew is at 8% ABV!

3. I have put a selection of beers to one side (a couple of Duvells, a Trappist and a few others) with the intention of cultivating the yeasts when I get back home.

Okay, back to the salt-mines to empty another flip-top bottle for the collection.

Dutto

IMG_1397.jpg

Only a couple of weeks to go and we will be back home to start brewing for the Autumn visit!

My attempt to get reusable 5 litre mini-kegs was thwarted as everyone I bought had a plastic CO2 container inside that was impossible to remove!! It took three different makes and the removal of a top with a tin-opener to convince me!! Doh!

Not to worry, I decided that the swing-top bottles were a better bet so I set about drinking enough to make it all worthwhile.

Other quick news (the library shuts in fifteen minutes or so) is that:

1.Duvell make a Three Hop Brew that is hoppy enough for the most ardent hophead.

2. Trappist Monks must be determined alcoholics as their "fermented in the bottle" brew is at 8% ABV!

3. I have put a selection of beers to one side (a couple of Duvells, a Trappist and a few others) with the intention of cultivating the yeasts when I get back home.

Okay, back to the salt-mines to empty another flip-top bottle for the collection.

Dutto

Nice one Ian, a good haul there. Hope you're having a good time :thumb:

Hiya,

Back home, flip-top bottles washed and de-labelled (all 46 of them!) and my order in to Grimsby Brew Centre!

Good to be back home despite the gale force winds and lashing rain! (Feel sorry for the poor beggars who have come to Skegness for a holiday!)

The Pale Ale I left on the shelf to mature whilst I was away has matured to a great drink and the Bitter is "passable" so a real "Win-win!" on that score.

Still have to sort out the Barley Wine and the "It used to be jam and now it's Apple and Plum Wine." DJ's. The Barley wine looks to be clear but the ex-jam has sediment about 3" thick in the bottom!

Hey ho! Can't say I haven't left that long enough!

A photograph of the beers I brought back from France with a view to harvesting the yeasts.

The bottles of La Trop have about 4mm in the bottom of the bottle ... :thumb: :thumb:

... just like my home-brew ones!! :whistle::whistle:

Imports for Yeast.jpg

Latest posts

Back