Electric brewery build...the Blue Peter version

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klemay83

Reaction score
So I finally decided to start doing my own electric brewery build. I'm basing it on the instructables version with some of my own tweaks and ideas. And the plan is to try and make as much as possible from scratch and with little cost.

So I started tonight making my own thermofoil wrap for the mash tun.

dc98a0.jpg

I used some heavy duty plastic bubble wrap that was getting thrown out at work, Extra strong tin foil and spray on carpet adhesive. Total cost about £3.50

Gave it a test wrap round the bucket earlier and I think it will work pretty well.

This won't be a super fast build...probably aiming to have very thing complete and working by late autumn.

But I'll update with things as I go along.

Quick build today. A hop Spider for my setup. Will work with both my brew pot and boiler.

1 X 120cm cake tin with removable base - £2.99 (TKMaxx)
1 X 110-130mm hose clip - £1.30 (eBay)
3 X 120mm M10 SS coach bolts (each with 2 nuts and 2 washers) - Free
1 X Small straining bag - £3.49 ( eBay)

243rrl5.jpg

Insulated the mash tun last night. Glued in the thermofoil, and made a removable top cover with the thermofoil And a cut out from a car windshield protector. Got a little leak issue between the copper pipe and tank connector to sort before I can test out how it holds its heat. The tun is insulated all round and top and bottom, so hoping for good results.

29oigpu.jpg

Latest posts

Back