Connector for Chiller Hose to Kitchen Tap

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As per header, I am using a tap connector that comes with garden hoses however it doesn't fit tightly on my kitchen tap and I have to use a towel to avoid too much splashing whilst cooling the wort.
Is there a reliable screw in adaptor available?
Alternatively I do have some PVC piping that could fit over the tap end and a hose clip should provide a leakfree solution. Can provide a picture of the tap once I figure out how to load it ....

Hozelock do a multi-adapter which works quite nicely.

I got mine from Amazon.

Thanks for your replies.
I have got a similar one (it's green) but because of the curvature (?) of the tap I can't tighten the connector enough to make a watertight connection. See the picture of the tap - I have removed the filter bit and could use a screw in connector but maybe it's not available.

Ahh I see. Yeah that does make it difficult. I'm no expert in this area but I'm sure someone on here will have a solution.

Thanks for your replies.
I have got a similar one (it's green) but because of the curvature (?) of the tap I can't tighten the connector enough to make a watertight connection. See the picture of the tap - I have removed the filter bit and could use a screw in connector but maybe it's not available.

If you know what thread gauge is on your tap, you should be able to buy a hose barb that will screw straight on to it.

This is still baffling me - 3/4" is too large, 1/2" is a titch too small. I suspect the tap end thread is metric but without the original paperwork I am stuck - not sure how to work out the required fitting....

Hi,
I had exactly the same problem. I originally bought this, which is similar to the one Halfacrem posted: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005J7P7T8/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

That didn't work, so I bought one of these, which was the right diameter but the wrong thread:
http://www.diy.com/departments/verve-threaded-tap-connector/196498_BQ.prd

In the end, I managed to use the components from both of this to build this Heath Robinson solution:
20160420_145757.jpg

I basically took out the tap from the mixer tap connector, and took out the grey bit from the threaded tap connector, then inserted the flow straightener that normally sits at the end of the tap into the threaded tap connector, and put this whole thing inside the mixer tap connector. I could then thread the tap through the hole in the top, screw it into place, and then tighten up the whole assembly by turning the mixer tap connector part. This pic of it semi-assembled might help you make sense of it:

20160420_145959.jpg
##

Hope this helps :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, looking again, that isn't quite right. The central bit actually comes from the bits that would sit on the bottom of the mixer tap connector, and then I screwed the threaded tap connector onto the bottom of the mixer tap connector. Anyway, just look at the pics and you'll figure it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back