Geterbrewed have got the Cool Brewing Bag in

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyQul

Chairman of the Bored
Reaction score
I did see these the other day. Looks like it would do the trick and like yourself I haven't tried liquid yeast due to lack of temp control.

Any drawbacks or updates since your review? Might order one later, would be nice to brew what I want, when I want!

I did see these the other day. Looks like it would do the trick and like yourself I haven't tried liquid yeast due to lack of temp control.

Any drawbacks or updates since your review? Might order one later, would be nice to brew what I want, when I want!

There's a couple of tips that I think I'll add to the original review haven't found any drawback so far, it's all positive. I have used it to do a pseudo lager with down at 15C from (iirc) 18C/19C ambient. I think given enough ice bottles you could actually do a proper lager at 12C

There's a couple of tips that I think I'll add to the original review haven't found any drawback so far, it's all positive. I have used it to do a pseudo lager with down at 15C from (iirc) 18C/19C ambient. I think given enough ice bottles you could actually do a proper lager at 12C

I guess it'll work like the mini keg in a cool bag I tried the other week, that was really effective.

Do you only use it for the first few days and stop once primary has finished?

Have you tried yours with freeze blocks, Myqul? The only problem I can see is you'd need space enough in your freezer to freeze 2 or more 2L bottles at a time.

Just wondered what the equivalent in freeze blocks would be as they can squeeze into available spaces better than pop bottles.

Have you tried yours with freeze blocks, Myqul? The only problem I can see is you'd need space enough in your freezer to freeze 2 or more 2L bottles at a time.

Just wondered what the equivalent in freeze blocks would be as they can squeeze into available spaces better than pop bottles.

This is what I'd use I think. As long as they would last 12hr, I can't see a problem.

I guess it'll work like the mini keg in a cool bag I tried the other week, that was really effective.

Do you only use it for the first few days and stop once primary has finished?

I guess you could put some mini kegs in there, theres loads of room anyway.

Yes. Normally I use the bag for about 6 days then let the temp rise natrually (by not putting any more ice bottles in the bag) for the rest of the fermentation time. This makes sure diacytly is cleaned up and the last few points of attenuation from the yeast is reached

I just use 2L and 1L water bottles. I've got loads in my freezer. I haven't tried freeze blocks but I'm sure they would work just as well as ice bottles.

Just ordered one, about £54 with postage and discount. Now to eBay for a job lot of freezer blocks.

Cue more moaning from SWMBO about buying 'beer stuff'.

Thanks for the recommendation MyQul.

Just ordered one, about ��£54 with postage and discount. Now to eBay for a job lot of freezer blocks.

Cue more moaning from SWMBO about buying 'beer stuff'.

Thanks for the recommendation MyQul.

As other forumites have discovered, just make some beers Mrs H_a_D's likes. I've recently discoved Mrs MQ likes the Pseudo lagers I make. Guess what I'm going to be making more of over the summer? :lol:

Thats good they are available in the UK...I'm on my last beer brew of the season (re-start October) with around 350 bottles in the shed, but will consider this for next season..I like the idea of being able to brewing a proper or semi proper lager. Hope you get the ss brewbucket...i'd grab one now since the price of the 7 gal chronical has gone up by £100. :-o ..said to have improvements but.....

As other forumites have discovered, just make some beers Mrs H_a_D's likes. I've recently discoved Mrs MQ likes the Pseudo lagers I make. Guess what I'm going to be making more of over the summer? :lol:

As much as it pains me to say it, she hates all beer. She quite likes Lindemans Kriek, but that doesn't really count. I'm currently conditioning the Brewferm version, but I doubt it will be anything like.

I'll just appease her with large amounts of chocolate instead.

As much as it pains me to say it, she hates all beer. She quite likes Lindemans Kriek, but that doesn't really count. I'm currently conditioning the Brewferm version, but I doubt it will be anything like.

I'll just appease her with large amounts of chocolate instead.

She just hasn't found a beer she likes. The kreik suggests she might like a fruit beer. Have a go at making one of those if she likes it

My last (current) brew is a belgium raspberry effort since my wife liked the Bacchus Frambiose and even my daughter liked it..neither normally like beer. And I've got the fan on full trying to keep it below 22 C.

Thats good they are available in the UK...I'm on my last beer brew of the season (re-start October) with around 350 bottles in the shed, but will consider this for next season..I like the idea of being able to brewing a proper or semi proper lager. Hope you get the ss brewbucket...i'd grab one now since the price of the 7 gal chronical has gone up by �£100. :-o ..said to have improvements but.....

Are you sure your not a medieval German who only brews between St Michael's Day and St Georges day? :lol:

I think once it starts to get warm they'll fly off the shelves. I remember last summer mooching about on online HBS' and noticing all the hot weather yeast had sold out.

I'm sure I'll get a brew bucket eventually. I'm not in a rush.

Back