I didn't know

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
they allow people to take the water by the tray full after the marathon #unbelievable.

11.JPG

1.JPG

2.JPG

5.JPG

Resists the temptation to make an aid convoy remark.

Fist in mouth. I'm struggling....

Hardly unimpeachable evidence though is it. Not saying this is an entirely lawful activity, perhaps it's not, but perhaps it is? Sorry, I just don't like trial by Media, mostly it's bull**** designed to appeal to base instincts and imply guilt by association and underline the Myth that Media is 'truth'. That's just my opinion, but I'll stand by it :whistle:

Even if they were allowed to take it the video (i took the pictures from) shows how greedy some people have become, they cannot fill their shopping baskets fast enough.

It's just water. Is there a drought in that London or does the tap water taste of ****?

It's just water. Is there a drought in that London or does the tap water taste of ****?

It's bad but not that bad.

There was quite a lot of coverage of this theft in the London news, including bbc, so I think it's safe to assume they are stealing it.

To be honest, the fight for clean drinking water will and sort of is, what (some) wars are fought over.

And at the rate nuclear reactors around the world are leaking into the water table. The less we have.

Not a very classy move. Especially considering the obvious cameras pointed at you.

To be honest, the fight for clean drinking water will and sort of is, what (some) wars are fought over.

And at the rate nuclear reactors around the world are leaking into the water table. The less we have.

Not a very classy move. Especially considering the obvious cameras pointed at you.

Global warming, etc is often talked about in the media but what I find strange, that is never talked about is population growth. It's almost like it's a taboo subject. It seems obvious to me that an ever increasing world population on a planet of finite resources is going to cause eventual problems

Global warming, etc is often talked about in the media but what I find strange, that is never talked about is population growth. It's almost like it's a taboo subject. It seems obvious to me that an ever increasing world population on a planet of finite resources is going to cause eventual problems

Don't worry, the WHO have plans for that and I don't want to rant about it on here. Don't you know that access to clean drinking water is not a human right?

California has a serious water shortage, yet Nestle can bottle it as fast as they can there - and then sell it to people in little bottles. :doh:

Stealing water....hmm, well maybe if water companies didn't steal it from the people in the first place, allowed home owners to collect rainwater without prosecution or use a well without needing a licence and just used the taxes to provide clean water like they do in this country the world would be a better place.

Does anyone have any links to reports detailing any arrests made after this incident?

Don't worry, the WHO have plans for that and I don't want to rant about it on here. Don't you know that access to clean drinking water is not a human right?

California has a serious water shortage, yet Nestle can bottle it as fast as they can there - and then sell it to people in little bottles. :doh:

Stealing water....hmm, well maybe if water companies didn't steal it from the people in the first place, allowed home owners to collect rainwater without prosecution or use a well without needing a licence and just used the taxes to provide clean water like they do in this country the world would be a better place.

Whilst I definately agree with you on a macro level about companies stealing water, as water shouldn't be a resource owned by companies, just managed by them. On the micro, as you say taxes are used to provide clean drinking water in this country and the last time I was in Deptford I wasn't aware it was now a colony of California so those people who "took" that water would have had access to plenty of council pop. The water was provided for the runners and if it was a particularly hot day that, whithout overstating the issue, could have lead to deaths (in fact a runner died this year on the marathon, although I understand this was due to a cardiac arrest)

UN accepted resolution 64/292 'the human right to water and sanitation'

Latest posts

Back