Hello from Edinburgh

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sven945

Reaction score
Hello, I'm Jack. New to homebrewing (I've got my first batch from a Brupaks kit - the Dusseldorf Alt - slowly fermenting in the other room). Next plan is jumping in fairly deep with a ready made all grain recipe pack from my local brew shop. I'll be brewing in 10 litre or so batches (I've got 15 litre fermenting vessels - one that I'm going to turn into a mash tun with lots of insulation, and a 20 litre stock pot for boiling). I'm sure I'll be all over the other sections with lots of questions when things don't go to plan!

Welcome to the forum Jack. :)

What do you plan to put this beer in? As I am at the stage where I've used up the bottles I have so will have to collect a few more before I start another run.

Also I'm still on kits because I wanted to get into the swing of things first, but like you am aiming at all grain soon.

I have a full bottle tree! I was about to buy virgin bottles from the shop I bought everything else from but they only had 330ml in stock. I thought about going to my local pub asking to raid their recycling bin, but I found one of my neighbours had left a box full of identical empty 500ml bottles next to the glass recycling bin. (Having neighbours with a limited sense of responsibility has its advantages). So I've cleaned them out and removed the labels, and I'll give them a proper clean with sanitiser in the bath nearer to bottling time.

Welcome, I'm also an edinburgh brewer, happy to swap some bottles as you progress.

If you haven't already give the simple ag thread a read before trying the brewstore grain kit.

Enjoy your brewing.

Welcome aboard I'm from Edinburgh also

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back