Chill haze ? Help

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bang78

Reaction score
Hello home brewers, I need some help . About a month ago I done a Rockies pear Cider. Last week tried it , not very sweet so I added some potassium sorbate to kill the yeast and then left it a week . I then added 1 litre of pear juice to my corny keg to back sweeten the cider then added the cider to the keg closed the keg added co2 and put it in the shed . Just pulled a pint over ice and it is all cloudy and hazey I assume it is chill haze but how do I get rid of it only done a couple of extract brews and still a bit new to home brew cheers

That's weird, although I regularly get a bit of chill haze in the WOW's I make, I've not had the same issue with cider ever (kits or TC)

I prime mine in the bottle which is the main difference in method to yours but don't know why a kit would come out cloudy

Not much help there then.. Sorry 😔

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

My guess is it's the potassium, I had a similar issue with blueberry and pomegranate wine, it was perfectly clear before I added potassium meta bisulphite which caused a cloudy haze that never disappeared.

Will give it a week and see what happens. Any suggestions on back sweetening future cider brews ?

Latest posts

Back