I know i'm getting old but

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chub1

Reaction score
i do hate going out these days:twisted:
family were due to decend today but grandaughter unwell. Nice morning, i know, lets grab a bus into Kingston on Thames to catch the shops opening for 11 am.Only need to pop into Wilko's for some brewing odds and sods plus a couple of other shops the wife needs to visit then we can grab a pint and a coffee in Wetherspoons and high tail it back home before it gets busy.
B####y h##l i think the world and his wife had the same idea:doh:. People walking straight into you-oh i'm sorry, no you b####y aint otherwise you wouldn't do it:twisted:. People walking straight accross your path then moaning because you clipped their heels! Groups of four or five abreast on the pavement, mmmm they aint moving over, head down arm out, if they get a knock so be it, Oi you hurt my arm, oh i'm sorry would you like us to walk in the road!, torrent of abuse follows! Wetherspoons packed by 11.45:twisted:.
Couldn't wait to get home.
Sunday ran't over:mrgreen:

We do all our shopping on-line when we can, its not shops i hate but the inconsiderate people who frequent them. (especially supermarkets)

The ones that get on my **** are those that meet someone they haven't seen for ages then stop dead in the isle or at the end of an isle and block it or the ones that leave their trolleys in the middle of the isle and wander off to get several items. :mad:

My favourite is the barsteward who parks right outside the cash machine on the pavement, next to that bit of tarmac with the empty gaps seperated by white paint.

Your hazard lights, oh sorry what they called, I'll just be a minute lights, only serve to draw my eyes and frustration towards how bloody inconsiderate you're being.

But chances are your driving a 4x4 German car. So stereotypes have to be enforced. Well done to you.

Arrrrgggg!!!!!

I'll leave now.

People who buy scratch cards and scratch them at the till, cashing them straight in and buying more, holding you up for ages then when they finally leave they walk to the exit and stop in the middle of the doors fiddling with their phone.

Given myself a nosebleed now...

I was lucky enough to have two of my pet hates happen to me on Saturday.

1) No-one at the bar so strolled up to order my drink. As I was getting within 10 feet or so, some guy practically sprinted to get there before me. Like he couldn't wait the 40 seconds it would have taken me to order and leave again.

2) Whilst waiting for "Linford" to finish his order and pay, two more people joined us at the bar. When the barmaid asked who was next (not paying much attention!) BOTH of the newcomers tried to get served before me! This lead me to have a little rant and make a few points about bar etiquette and manners.

Rant over.

A little off topic but i know many will agree.

Why have petrol service stations become mini supermarkets, i hate having to wait for someone paying for their daily shopping usually when there is only one person serving, people paying for fuel should get served first or they should have more people serving at busy times.

A little off topic but i know many will agree.

Why have petrol service stations become mini supermarkets, i hate having to wait for someone paying for their daily shopping usually when there is only one person serving, people paying for fuel should get served first or they should have more people serving at busy times.
Oh b####y h##l, don't get me started on that one:lol::lol:

And ' Darkbright', sorry if i offended you by beating you to the bar:mrgreen:.
I know what you mean, it happens all the time,mostly in Wetherspoons:doh:trouble is a lot of the bar staff are not experienced enough to be able to keep tabs on customers waiting to be served. Calling out who's next is fatal!.

Oh b####y h##l, don't get me started on that one:lol::lol:

And ' Darkbright', sorry if i offended you by beating you to the bar:mrgreen:.
I know what you mean, it happens all the time,mostly in Wetherspoons:doh:trouble is a lot of the bar staff are not experienced enough to be able to keep tabs on customers waiting to be served. Calling out who's next is fatal!.

I was giving you daggers whilst you were ordering. :twisted:

It was a 'spoons! The staff are nice but not very experienced - it's the customers who are the problem!

The ones that get on my **** are those that meet someone they haven't seen for ages then stop dead in the isle or at the end of an isle and block it or the ones that leave their trolleys in the middle of the isle and wander off to get several items. :mad:
And also congregate in shop doorways with trolleys, pushchairs, or just stand there twiddling with their best friend a mobile phone.

do you have this item in a different size?

(I mean can you check the stock room to see if you have one not yet out)

I'm sorry sir all our stock is out.

(no, I can't be arsed to look, use your eyes and have another look on the hangar yourself)

Is there no stock room anymore? everything that arrives is immediately put out on display? - don't think so.

Also witnessed in childrens world sometime ago: A customer rang the store asking to check on something in stock. "hold on a moment i'll go and check the stock room for you." They went on to serve my Mrs. which took a while due to a refund etc. then as we left she picked up the phone and said "sorry, we haven't got any" - that was the last time we went there.

What about when you're queueing in a shop and someone rings and the staff answer the phone and see to them first. They couldn't even be arsed to get to the shop and they're still getting served before me!

I could go on all day.

I was lucky enough to have two of my pet hates happen to me on Saturday.

1) No-one at the bar so strolled up to order my drink. As I was getting within 10 feet or so, some guy practically sprinted to get there before me. Like he couldn't wait the 40 seconds it would have taken me to order and leave again.

2) Whilst waiting for "Linford" to finish his order and pay, two more people joined us at the bar. When the barmaid asked who was next (not paying much attention!) BOTH of the newcomers tried to get served before me! This lead me to have a little rant and make a few points about bar etiquette and manners.

Rant over.

I hate this too.

I normally make some sarcastic comment that might get a guilty look and apology if I'm lucky, but at least it makes me feel better. I always thank someone who says 'he was next' as it doesn't seem to happen that often.

Another to add to your list is arriving at the bar 3 seconds after someone who orders drinks and meals for their 8 friends/family and there's only one bar staff. Made worse when the pub ran out of one of the meals and said person has to go and check for an alternative. I only want two drinks!

My personal top 5 worst shoppers!!

1) The ones whose multitude of children all answer to 'oy geeeeet ere ya little (insert appropriate expletive off choice!)
2) The more mature couple - always with brown plastic/leather looking shopping bag who feel it necessary to keep tapping your back or legs with either said bag or shopping trolley and tut every 10 seconds at having to queue
3) The ones who are behind you in the queue, who when a new checkout opens see fit to go straight there without saying 'no you were first'
4) The ones with at least 1 months shopping in front of you who see all you have is a pint of milk that don't say 'go ahead, mine will take ages'
5) The ones that get to the checkout and then start querying everything - why? there's customer services almost everywhere!

Now the top 5 worst assistants!

1) Maybe exclusive to ladies clothes shops - not sure! The two younger shop assistants that feel it more important to stand there gossiping about Katie Price of Kim K than seeing if they can serve
2) Another exclusive to ladies clothes shops - the size zero, lives on one lettuce leaf per day assistant that looks down her nose when you ask if they have that item in a perfectly respectable size 12
3) The one that should be serving faster when they see there is a long queue but spends time chatting to their friend they are serving at the time
4) The 'I can't be bothered to look for it' who just says 'no - its out of stock'
5) The one with dirty fingernails!!!! For goodness sake, you are touching something I wish to buy without it being covered with goodness knows that from goodness knows where stored under their nails!

Others:

Car parking! (why do people use 2 spaces when 1 is plenty big enough), those who walk 5 abreast and refuse to move, those with screaming kids, shoplifters, shopping bags that rip/tear as soon as you put something in them, having to pay £1.00 to use a trolley, checkout staff that don't say please and thank-you, shelf stackers that leave their cages in the middle of the aisle and finally assistants that tut when you ask them to get you something from the top shelf when you can't physically reach!

Move over Victor Meldrew - make way for the grumpiest shopper ever! lol

..or the Check out 'Person' who wishes you "Good day, how are you?"
well..
Im came in here not to engage you in some vacuous conversation
I want to get home before my freezer bag defrosts
Yep its ME Mr Grumpy

I can't pass this one up, Witherspoons, you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. And my favourite, if I parked my trolley in the supermarket in front of a steaming pile of elephants poo, someone would suddenly need some and have me move the trolley with accompanying tutting and dirty looks.

Back