Something in the hops?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornyandy

Reaction score
Okay so why do I always feel so shattered at the end of a brew morning. I was up at half six (pretty normal) mash in for 7:10 finished the boil at about 11:30. Then I start yawning and feeling totally shattered. Happens every time.

That's pretty late for me I normally have to get up at 5:30 for work

Same here. I have 2 small children so I'm up at 5:50 whether it's a work day or not. Means I can get my mash on to heat super early - start my boiler at 6 when I feed the cats and stick the grains in after my shower.

I have done a few on days off, drop kids off at school and straight into it.. I think it is just a tiring experience mentally and emotionally I know that sounds silly and a bit OTT but because you put a bit of heart and soul into it and occasioanlly have a panic moment or adjustment it just tires you out a bit..

hops are a natural sedative though (relative to marijuana)

Okay so why do I always feel so shattered at the end of a brew morning. I was up at half six (pretty normal) mash in for 7:10 finished the boil at about 11:30. Then I start yawning and feeling totally shattered. Happens every time.

happens to me aswell.. iam glad somebody else has noticed it..

on a side note back in the day a certain closely related herb used in rizlas never agreed with me either.. never had a problem with beer though.

Back