How often do you brew?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoddy

General lurker.......
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So then people. For reasons that will be come clear later I brew quite regularly. A bit too much really if I'm honest. I just really enjoy it.

But I'm interested to know how often everyone else brews.

So join the confessional and reveal your brewing sins [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Planning on trying to stick to about once a month. I'd like to brew more often, but I have to consume the stuff too.!

I told myself Id do one a month at the turn of this year. Wish things were that simple! Time and lack of funds put pay to that but just done my second of the year at the weekend and hopefully one a month here on in!

My aim is to brew 4-5 times a year, although I've done 3 this year so far (a kit in January, then a SMaSH to test my AG equipment out in March, and a "proper AG" 2 and a half weeks ago).

I hadn't planned on doing another brew until July, then I won a grain kit in a competition. I might just brew my Christmas beer in July then nothing til November when I have a week off work.

I think I'm averaging about 1 x 5 gallon brew every 3 weeks. But there again I'm drinking virtually all of it myself so that's about 2 pints per day on average. And I go to the pub once a week, another 2 pints.
Looks like we're straying into `how many units of alcohol per week' territory here!:lol:

I brew every 4-6 weeks but my stocks are piled high at the moment so I will have to take a break. May squeeze another small brew in soon and that should do me for a few summer bbq's

I have to be honest I have two 22ltr brews on the go at the moment in the brew fridge.

Oh yes and a Pilsner fermenting in the larger fridge.......

Oh, and a batch of azzaca, and a wheat beer batch conditioning......

Maybe it's getting a bit out of hand?????

Sent from my iPhone using TAPATALK

3a814be8f9dce19b73cceedea434edbb.jpg

I do a 23L brew every 4-5 months, although I went a bit mad in March and did two.
It's governed by how fast I drink the stuff, which is not that fast....
I've now got my brew fridge rigged up, so will be doing 10L brews in future. That should mean I brew twice as often in theory.

Not often enough as I've ran out :(

Generally it's governed by supply / demand and availability of kegs to put it in but I've now got three king kegs so no excuses. Probably one 5 gallon kit a month on average. I've also got a stout kit lined up for bottling which I haven't done in a very long time but would like to continue on that route brewing some slightly more interesting kits for bottles so I don't have to be working my way through 5 gallons of something all the time.

I do a 5l batch twice a month, which is just about right for me. I think i'll probably slow down once i upgrade my equipment to do bigger batches

I brew about every over week, alternating between a full 23 litre batch to keep the kegorator stocked up and a small 10-12 litre batch of experimental stuff. Having said that I did one of each last weekend to celebrate the bank holiday:whistle:

As often as I can, which was pretty steady at one a fortnight when I was doing kits, but seems to have slowed down recently due to commitments and the extra time needed to do an AG batch. I'll need to be ramping up now though, as I need to replenish stocks and do two brews for a friends wedding.

Have started doing small batches of 5 litres or so, guess it will average out about two/three brews per month, may well hold fire once into the hotter weather and re start in the autumn, have plenty of stock at present:)

Interesting question, since some people brew small quantities on a regular basis. I ordered a shed load of kits some months ago and told the wife.."thats it, these will last all year"..somehow
i needed anther 3 today!!, and got another brew on...whens this madness going to stop??

Back