A Tassimo like Beer machine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...rlds-best-craft-beer-home-brewery/description

:shock:

Wonder what they will actually be like..

Wouldn't be my bag though, would really take the fun out of it..

Also I see 7 days being a number banded around too..

Saw it a while back, given that there are pre-packed ingredient kits it really does take the fun out of it. I guess it will appeal to a different market to most of us. I wouldn't fancy it either. I've even got minor reservations about the grainfather even though I've just gone and got one, but this thing really is automation.

Whilst I would struggle with justifying the budget for a GF or braumiester.. I guess what they do well is controlling the processes but you still control your beer.. This thing is like a tassimo pod.. don't see the appeal to it myself... Sure some people might.

The 7 day beer thing I think is dubious but we hear that on kit instructions too.

Looks like a replicator from Star Trek !

...... Does it do Cornish pasties as well? - if so I would buy it :)

Whilst I would struggle with justifying the budget for a GF or braumiester.. I guess what they do well is controlling the processes but you still control your beer.. This thing is like a tassimo pod.. don't see the appeal to it myself... Sure some people might.

The 7 day beer thing I think is dubious but we hear that on kit instructions too.
That's not how I've interpreted the page - looks like you add the grain and hops yourself, either from the built in recipe book or by crating your own through the phone app.

Seems more like a Picabrew with a dispenser attached. The one thing in unsure about though is using the mini keg as a fermenter.

Pretty cool, 'brew in a bag' with a bit more automation. I can see the appeal of mini-keg batches too, 20l of beer is probably quite intimidating to most people, 5l is just a night in with a couple of friends. Only reason I brew ~20l is the cost is low and it takes 4 hours, if it was quicker/automated I'd happily throw in a different recipe each week but doing it manually just isn't worth the effort to save ~£5 and brew 15l less.

I think this machine would need to be thoroughly road-tested before go to market. This presumably appeals to the beer drinker rather than the brewer and if there is too much faffing about those machines will soon end up being returned, or dumped joining many a high-tech gizmo (in cupboards and understairs). But it's impressive how much money they raised in such a short time. They will though need much more I guess.

I could see it branching into a larger version that would produce one keg at a time as an automated system. I agree it would take the fun out of it but for a small hotel or restaurant it would just make what it needed on site from the base ingredient list.

Latest posts

Back