Newbie Help...please?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

utigers

Reaction score
Hi I have got a wine kit but just want to confirm that I'm following the instructions correctly. It says pour contents of the can into a fermenter and add ingredients....Does this mean a standard 25litre fermenter with lid?

You leave it for 6 days then transfer into bottles or pressure barrel? (planning on using wine screwcap bottles...ok?

So no demijohns needed?

If you have a 30 bottle kit yes put in your 25L or so FV plus what ever the kit says
But for get 6 days leve it about 10 pr 14 days or a till there are no bubbles
Then follow the instructions some more regarding finings etc
In a ideal world u would buy a hydrometer, less than �£4 from Wilkos
Then you could be sure the wine has finished, and also work out the adv
If you have two FV it really would be worth transferring your wine to it for a week or two after no bubbles to clear and degas it in the second FV
If you haven't got a second, that's ok worst that will happen is maybe a little sediment in the bottle imo

If you have a 30 bottle kit yes put in your 25L or so FV plus what ever the kit says
But for get 6 days leve it about 10 pr 14 days or a till there are no bubbles
Then follow the instructions some more regarding finings etc
In a ideal world u would buy a hydrometer, less than ��£4 from Wilkos
Then you could be sure the wine has finished, and also work out the adv
If you have two FV it really would be worth transferring your wine to it for a week or two after no bubbles to clear and degas it in the second FV
If you haven't got a second, that's ok worst that will happen is maybe a little sediment in the bottle imo

Spot on, the only thing that may be different is some kits don't ask you to rack to a second FV, the WineBuddy kits i regularly make don't, there is a fair bit of sediment left once it has cleared but if you buy a syphon with a trap on the bottom you shouldn't get any in the bottles.

Spot on, the only thing that may be different is some kits don't ask you to rack to a second FV, the WineBuddy kits i regularly make don't, there is a fair bit of sediment left once it has cleared but if you buy a syphon with a trap on the bottom you shouldn't get any in the bottles.
I agree but I've dune a couple of tesco wine buddy's with **** in the bottles
I still buy them but I let them clear a wile longer before bottling
I hat **** in the bottle :smile:

Back