New to brewing, first cider kit!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luke_Tay

Reaction score
Hello

Just started this kit today, was wondering if anybody has done it before. Smelt amazing when putting it into fermentation bucket. Taken a hydrometer reading and it came out at 1.048. Hopefully it will turn out decent.

a9497bdfca364dec8c0f5395aff54171.jpg

Cheers ☺

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Quick question.. On the kit instructions it says that you can only bottle it into swing top bottles. Does it really matter what bottles it goes into??

Not at all. I like using the flavoured sparkling water bottles from Tesco or Asda for cider. You can use any bottle that is designed to take pressure.

Did the mixed berry version at Xmas and I used PET bottles with no problem.

I found it tasted a lot better after being left to condition for a couple of months, rather than the week or so it says on the instructions. That said, I thought the artificial sweetness taste spoiled it a bit. I'd be interested to know how yours turns out :)

Decent, ive got a few swing top bottles but loads of normal beer bottles so ill put it in there. Ive been told that it gets better the longer you leave it, hopefully this one will come out good. Ill keep posting my progress with it.

Just added the sweetner and flavouring, taken a hydrometer reading and its come out at 1.008. Comes out to 5.2% ☺ bottling day tomorrow

Quick question.. On the kit instructions it says that you can only bottle it into swing top bottles. Does it really matter what bottles it goes into??

Don't use old milk bottles:lol:

4be468f8ffb6f5e03c53d8e1724b666a.jpg

Seems a bit dark and doesn't really taste like strawberry or pear [emoji20]

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Don't let it put you off, have a look for turbo cider in the forum many members make it and recommend it.

It always taste as decent one. But why it's the only one you discussed because I think there is a lot more range to try.

On the kit it said it was meant to be pinky colour, not sure where I went wrong

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

So after nearly a year its still the same colour and taste is ok not amazing. Cant taste strawberry or pear so must of done something wrong haha!
89e627576e88ae117b91a570dc5ede78.jpg

Yeah maybe, its a shame because i was looking forward to it. Haha

Latest posts

Back