Dry hopping with grapefruit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamSon

Reaction score
Anyone tried it?

I'm planning an IPA AG brew once I'm settled in the new house, and I would love to mess about with grapefruit, any recommendations on when/how much to add to boil(5ltr batch)? Or if I should just dry hop with the rind?

You can add in the boil or dry hop with it. If in the boil, the pith adds IBUs but obviously not if dry hopping. It'll only add flavour and aroma.

Having a read of diydog elvis juice you want to avoid the white pith

Anyone tried it?

I'm planning an IPA AG brew once I'm settled in the new house, and I would love to mess about with grapefruit, any recommendations on when/how much to add to boil(5ltr batch)? Or if I should just dry hop with the rind?
Get yourself some riwaka hops and you'll get grapefruit tasting tones until it comes out of your ears

I've just done a grapefruit IPA that is being bottled Sunday/Monday. I added grapefruit rind and flesh at 7 minutes of the boil. And I've just dry hopped and added more rind too. This could be an interesting one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've just done a grapefruit IPA that is being bottled Sunday/Monday. I added grapefruit rind and flesh at 7 minutes of the boil. And I've just dry hopped and added more rind too. This could be an interesting one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking forward to hearing how this turns out

I just bottled my Elvis Juice v2.0 on Saturday. I chose to only dry hop. 40g added for 4 days, roughly the rind from 2 grapefruits peeled off with a potato peeler avoiding the white pith. It was already very bitter before this so I'm glad I didn't add it to the boil

Latest posts

Back