Urgent warning

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I imagine 99.9% of members wouldn't touch "legal highs" with a barge poll but for the 1% that might -

Urgent warning " potentially dangerous ‘legal high’ ‘Annihilation’

Police are sending out an urgent warning to people about the potentially dangerous ‘legal high’, known as ‘Annihilation’.

Shortly after 11am today, Friday 20 May 2016, police were called to Drake Street in Rochdale to reports that 33-year-old man had collapsed. His friends told officers at the scene that he had been taking legal highs.

He is currently in hospital in an induced coma.

Later today, at around 2:20pm, police were called to Drake Street and the junction of Oldham Road in Rochdale town centre where a man, aged 39, had collapsed.

The man is believed to have also taken a legal high before collapsing. He received medical attention at the scene before leaving of his own accord.

Detective Inspector Andy Butterworth of GMP’s Rochdale Borough, said: “Today, two men have fallen ill after taking the ‘legal high’ known as ‘Annihilation’. The use of ‘legal highs’ is a worrying trend and has ended with a man in hospital in intensive care.

“I want to remind people about the potentially life threatening consequences of ‘legal highs’" they may not be illegal but they definitely are not safe.

“I would urge people not to buy these so-called ‘legal highs’ and to consider the threat they pose to lives.

“If family or friends find any legal highs please dispose responsibly or hand in to police.”

If people have taken this ‘legal high’ it is imperative that they recognise the signs and symptoms and act fast. Symptoms include:

Profuse sweating
Racing heartbeat
Extreme muscle tension
Delirious ranting
Very high body temperature
If any person is showing signs of these symptoms, it is essential to call 999, put the casualty in the recovery position and ask for immediate medical assistance. For help or advice on all drugs including ‘legal highs’ Talk to Frank 0800 777 6600 www.talktofrank.com.

Anyone with information about where this drug may have come from is asked to contact police on 101 as soon as possible, or the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Annihilation-herbal-incense.jpg

I imagine 99.9% of members wouldn't touch "legal highs" with a barge poll but for the 1% that might -

Annihilation-herbal-incense.jpg
With regards to one of those listed symptoms, i get delirious rantings without taking anything:mrgreen:
Seriously though, i just can't understand anyone taking the risk with all these cocktails of god knows what!

It must be a nightmare at A&E as they don't know what they have taken.

Trying to stay within forum rules here, but if anyone thinks of using this type of unregulated SYNTHETIC cannabis just don't.

Its really not worth it. I've seen it happen to friends of mine. They turn zombie (as is almost comatose) or go f'ing mental!

If you choose to take from this good earth, just remember..

It wasn't patented by phizer or GlaxoSmithKline!

If cannabis is as widely available as the press would have us believe why would you risk taking this stuff, everyone knows how dangerous it is.

I've been a naughty boy in my distant past, so I'm not passing judgement on anyone, or preaching about the evils of anything. I had a damn good time, it didn't do me any harm that I've noticed yet and I don't regret it. Having said that, I'll do everything in my power to protect my own kids from anything like I did.

I think it has more to with this is unregulated unchecked and unknown sources, in unknown concentrations. And it's all synthetic chemicals.

Profuse sweating
Racing heartbeat
Extreme muscle tension
Delirious ranting
Very high body temperature

Sounds like some of the God botherers at the evangalist church near me

I'm surrounded by almost every obscure denomination where I live. I did however see some 14th century bibles that belonged to the christadelphian church the other week.

I ate the buiscuits but I refused the tea ;-)

Most "legal highs" are actually controlled drugs but the police don't actually understand the regulations as they are so complex. The long term (and short term) health effects are not known, but it's a shame people feel the need to volunteer to be the guinea pigs. There are plenty of readily available more well understood drugs out there.

Recent changes mean that there are no longer any "legal high"s. They banned them all.
http://services.parliament.uk/bills/2015-16/psychoactivesubstances.html

I've been a naughty boy in my distant past, so I'm not passing judgement on anyone, or preaching about the evils of anything. I had a damn good time, it didn't do me any harm that I've noticed yet and I don't regret it. Having said that, I'll do everything in my power to protect my own kids from anything like I did.
Me too and Ive stopped my kids mucking with that ****..
now ..magic mushrooms...thats a whole new ball game.. and its free if you know where to look.
Oh, by the way, I don't anymore before you ask!

At first I didn't understand the thread. But now.... Aaaa,
...... Why?
People controlling people with a belief rather than truth. If you want to run to the hills naked and put the bird up to society then so be it. This idea you're born into a pact or promise or set of laws just blows my mind.
Here in Japan a famous pro baseball player who lived in Colorado, legal state for marry Jane, got arrested when he stepped foot on Japan soil. The idea is since he is Japanese, and in Japan marijuana is illegal, he committed a crime. Against what? His nationality??? It was legal where he did it!!! People just LOVE drama and screwing with people. I would rather see that effort spent curing cancer or even feeding homeless people. Humans have their priorities so messed up. Supreme being my back side!!

I get high on life. people need to wake up and see whats around them. The beauty in nature, the awesomeness of life on this planet.

You plant a seed and it turns into food. how the hell does that happen?

People controlling people with a belief rather than truth

I would agreer to a certain extent if they had said don't touch any legal high as the following will happen but they said "Urgent warning " potentially dangerous ‘legal high’ ‘Annihilation" so maybe this one is a bad one.

I think the problem is no one knows what is in them so when something goes wrong the doctors cannot really help.

Just to put this in proportion, According to the Product Safety Commission, in the US 11,000 people end up in hospital every Christmas due to decorating injuries, including 16 deaths annually. In the UK this is still around 1000 cases needing hospital attention and 3 deaths annually.There is actually a peak on Christmas Eve with "Forces of nature" being the cause.

So, I understand these people were affected by legal but outlawed drugs, but we do not know the circumstances surrounding these stories, or the quantity involved. Far more people are admitted and die from using paracetamol, yet the drug statistics for drug misuse tends to lump together both legal and illegal drugs. I wonder why that is? :-?

In 2014, 200 people died from taking Paracetamol alone. In the same year only 31 died from using Canabis. LINK

Makes you wonder if it is all about the control and taxation of drugs rather than the ultimate effects.

Are the legal highs becoming more dangerous than the illegal highs or am I just getting old?

Yes, that's exactly it. There's some that may be OK but as the "normal" drugs and whatever new drugs they find they ban, the producers come up with weirder and weirder stuff. It s probably not made right either and they will sell it anyway.

Back