Don't want to brag but..........

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcarm

Regular.
Reaction score
76 bottles filled, all the cleaning up done and everything put away in just over an hour :tongue:

And a lot of that time was waiting for the 2nd batch of beer to rack to the bottling bucket.

There is a lot to be said for rinsing and cleaning bottles out after use each time. A quick rinse instead of standing at the sink for hours scrubbing with a brush, squirt with starsan and its ready to go.

In other news, had to go to the local shop to get some water to mix starsan with. Don't use use Evian, it was all they had and as soon as I added the starsan it went milky. Couldn't test it but had enough from my previous batch to compete the job. Tesco tomorrow for some ashbeck I think.

76 bottles filled, all the cleaning up done and everything put away in just over an hour :tongue:

And a lot of that time was waiting for the 2nd batch of beer to rack to the bottling bucket.

There is a lot to be said for rinsing and cleaning bottles out after use each time. A quick rinse instead of standing at the sink for hours scrubbing with a brush, squirt with starsan and its ready to go.

In other news, had to go to the local shop to get some water to mix starsan with. Don't use use Evian, it was all they had and as soon as I added the starsan it went milky. Couldn't test it but had enough from my previous batch to compete the job. Tesco tomorrow for some ashbeck I think.

yeah volvic has a ph of 7 and is better than evian, but tesco ashbeck is much better again.

Nice. But note, if you can't wash immediately, just leave that last bit, 50 ml or so. It's enough to keep it moist. A few days later, dump the wash. No issues.

I just use tap water with my starsan, it goes milky immediately but as long as the pH stays low it doesn't matter (according to my googling).

I just test it with litmus paper before each brew, it never seems to drop!

My starsan goes cloudy straight away with tapwater, but I've never had an infection and I've been sing it for months.

If I haven't got time to rinse out, I just squeeze the crown cap back on and its fine for a few days until I can get around to rinsing a load out. One of these helps too.

vare1-big-246074-1-1300.jpg

I have one and it rocks! hands down best 15$ investment i made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back