Ok.....i need you all

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the first things i learned was the need for Patience.

We all want to try our first home brew and the wait for it to finish fermenting is a killer, i guess few of us gave our first attempt any time to age as we wanted to see how good it turned out, mine was rough but it did the job and i was hooked on this hobby, as they say the rest is history.

One of the first things i learned was the need for Patience.

we all want to try our first home brew and the wait for it to finish fermenting is a killer, i guess few of us gave our first attempt any time to age as we wanted to see how good it turned out, mine was rough but it did the job and i was hooked on this hobby, as they say the rest is history.

That is NOT twenty five words chippy. You surely know the only answer is, that you look at everyday items wondering, could I brew that?

That is NOT twenty five words chippy. You surely know the only answer is, that you look at everyday items wondering, could I brew that?

Robin54 asked me to edit the OP as it came over as a little rude.

I was just going to post Patience (24 short) :lol:

he can't count to 25...give him a break!
NOW
Start again...:doh:

try a simple ag...

SWMBO now "needs" to be out of the house on brew day but the 20 or so kit beers that i have left are so "okish" in comparison.

May pick up a young AIPA to stick in the pb and see how it compares but my coopers stout (with dark dme) and yougns APA don't measure up...

The top tip I learnt since joining the forum is...not to trust chippy. He told me if I was to become a mod, I'd travel the world, women would be throwing themselves at me, I have riches beyond my wildest dreams. I'm still waiting......:-(

Is that not after x+1 years?
where x= the current number of years you have moderated the forum....

After a couple of practice runs, AG is easy so give it a go. You'll be surprised how good a beer you can make, even with some basic equipment.

The top tip I learnt since joining the forum is...not to trust chippy. He told me if I was to become a mod, I'd travel the world, women would be throwing themselves at me, I have riches beyond my wildest dreams. I'm still waiting......:-(
Waiting and the expectation can be better than the real thing:lol:

Just about every I know about brewing has either been found out on here, or an initial seed has been planted on here and I've researched further.

I honestly cannot thank everyone, past and present, for all the help they've provided and also for all the help I'll continue to seek.

The courage to go AG is the biggest thing though. It's so much easier than everyone who HASN'T tried it, thinks it's going to be.

Just about every I know about brewing has either been found out on here, or an initial seed has been planted on here and I've researched further.

I honestly cannot thank everyone, past and present, for all the help they've provided and also for all the help I'll continue to seek.

The courage to go AG is the biggest thing though. It's so much easier than everyone who HASN'T tried it, thinks it's going to be.
You are more than welcome mate:thumb::lol::lol:

Seriously, i have picked up pretty well most of my info from here. When i first started out i joined four forums, now use only two but mainly this one for both info and a bit of banter.
Perhaps THE most useful ITEM avaiable on here(to me at any rate) is the recipe builder,it seems to be so uncanily accurate

I wouldn't call it a tip as such but my brewing apprenticeship was under the tutorship of the first edition of the Graham Wheeler "Brew Your Own Real Ale at Home" with a 90 minute mash and a 2 hour boil for bitters and even a 2 hour mash and a 2 hour boil for Stouts and Old Ales. I have now (even with some irritation at some attitudes) shortened my times to 90 and 90 for mash and boil. It takes some of the time out of a brew day. It has taken some convincing to shift me from what I know, simply because it used to work so well but without the confidence you guys have given me to have a go I might still have been in those dark ages.

I wouldn't call it a tip as such but my brewing apprenticeship was under the tutorship of the first edition of the Graham Wheeler "Brew Your Own Real Ale at Home" with a 90 minute mash and a 2 hour boil for bitters and even a 2 hour mash and a 2 hour boil for Stouts and Old Ales. I have now (even with some irritation at some attitudes) shortened my times to 90 and 90 for mash and boil. It takes some of the time out of a brew day. It has taken some convincing to shift me from what I know, simply because it used to work so well but without the confidence you guys have given me to have a go I might still have been in those dark ages.

Have you noticed any difference in the end result with the shorter times Andy?

Clibit's guide to All Grain and Niman from the forum for giving me a boiler to make bigger batches. I've learned loads of small tips though that have improved my brewing.

Yep it's definitely clibit's simple AG method that I value most of all. AG opened up the ability to try so many different styles, to develop recipes of my own and encouraged me to delve deeper into the technicalities and nuances of brewing.

But also just the fact that if you're unsure of something there will always be someone on the forum who can help you out. That's invaluable in my opinion.

Thanks all.:thumb:

Latest posts

Back