Lidl boiler.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dieseljockey

Regular.
Reaction score
Bit behind with this, when Lidl had the jam boilers on offer I managed to get one...the only thing I wanted to change was the tap..it's so flimsy (cr*p)

Tap.jpg

Now the big problem..I needed to make the hole larger and the boiler is enamel, knowing how easy it is to damage the coating (I remember dropping one of my mums saucepans)

So I thought why not try a stone....with a gentle touch I made it without any cockups...

HLT.jpg

The tank connector was just tight enough to self screw through the boiler...

HLT2.jpg

I put the white washer off the old tap on the inside and the black one that came on the connector on the outside...Belt and braces. one new tap...

newtap.jpg

Good work that man ... and very brave increasing the diameter!
Well done!

Dieseljockey said:
Now the big problem..I needed to make the hole larger and the boiler is enamel, knowing how easy it is to damage the coating (I remember dropping one of my mums saucepans)

So I thought why not try a stone....with a gentle touch I made it without any cockups...

I put the white washer off the old tap on the inside and the black one that came on the connector on the outside...Belt and braces. one new tap...
Hi DJ,
Sorry to drag this back up but I'm in the process of coverting my enamel boiler, when you say 'stone' are you referring to a type of drill bit.
Any info would be greatly appreciated. :thumb:

Cheers :drink:

Muddy's spot on.. :thumb:
Just take your time Red.....slowly slowly catchy monkey.. :pray: let the stone do the work..keep the drill speed down low.

Dieseljockey said:
Muddy's spot on.. :thumb:
Just take your time Red.....slowly slowly catchy monkey.. :pray: let the stone do the work..keep the drill speed down low.
Thanks for the info :thumb:
I ordered the drill stones from ebay (bargain) along with a new tap, one of these, it's the second one I have purchased from this fella, good product and excellent service. So hopefully I'm gonna have a stress free weekend converting the boiler to a mash tun :pray:

:cheers:

Back