Gervin GV12 ale yeast attenuation

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamjar1982

Reaction score
Hi all. Does anyone know whether this yeast will finish my ginger beer in the 0.9 region or will it leave some sweetness? I'm using it in a ginger beer. Any info or alternative suggestions welcome.

Thanks

I find it tends to be at least 80% and finishes dry.. I would be surprised if it went that low though , like Mick says whats your starting gravity?

Hi guys. Start s.g was 1.050. I don't really understand attenuation % etc. Havnt used an ale yeast before. Planning on bottle carbonation also so don't know if I should ferment, clear then prime with a bit more yeast or bottle without clearing before the yeast dies off?

N.b has been fermenting for about 4 days now. Havnt checked s.g as still bubbling away slowly. Will check in a day or two.

Well that doesn't sound too bad. Hopefully it won't drop below that. Thanks

If I am correct in thinking the only sugars in it are standard table sugar (sucrose) or similar I think it will finish totally dry around SG 1.000 as any yeast will much through all of it unless the ABV gets too high for it. Happy to be corrected by anyone who's tried it.

It has a mix of light and dark Demerara and honey.. So basically standard sugars I guess. No malt.

Honey will ferment out 100% I think demerara will have a small amount of non fermentable sugar but no idea if its significant. I thi nk oyu just need to try it and if it finishes to low try adding sugar in the glass when serving.

The ferment is slowed right down to every 30secs and the s.g is 1.004. It tastes ok.. Not sweet but not too dry or harsh which isn't bad considering it is still cloudy..

Latest posts

Back