OK, admit it...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hops_and_Dreams

Landlord.
Reaction score
It's been nearly 4 weeks since the last brew day, I've got one pencilled in for Saturday and I can't wait!

I thought that the novelty might have worn off a bit by now after 18 months or so, but I still love it and been looking forward to brew day all week.

Anyone else still get this, or should I get out more?!

I haven't lost the novelty yet and my first brew was a Boots Stout Kit when I was 14 (I was off school after having been sick and as it was Friday Mum said an extra day off would do me no harm) I found the Kit and made it up for Dad and when it was done he let me have a shandy with him. I am now 43 and the novelty of beating the prices and quality of what is available commercially is still there.

Nope, in fact since moving to AG I have found I'm brewing faster than I can drink...

If SWMBO could have dealt with the smell I could've been quite happy with 8-10l brews on the stove top.

As she can't my peco brews outside have been great but realised I've built up 4-6 months worth of stock...

Nope, in fact since moving to AG I have found I'm brewing faster than I can drink...

If SWMBO could have dealt with the smell I could've been quite happy with 8-10l brews on the stove top.

As she can't my peco brews outside have been great but realised I've built up 4-6 months worth of stock...

Been doing extract brews and have used Holland and Barratts malt extract in some of them. My missus was brought up on Malt extract and loves the stuff-by the spoonful! so i have to be quick on emptying the jar out:mrgreen: and she keeps having a sniff of the boiling wort:lol::lol:

Good call Hops, got one planned for this weekend, can't wait. Kick them all out of the kitchen get my music on brew my beer for pennies and then come Friday, Saturday get amongst it all. That's the life.

Believe it or not I am usually quite happy for friends/family to come round and drink my beers so I can free up a few bottles for the next batch/brewday! So yeah I guess I am still pretty keen

I've only been at this game since January, so nothing is a chore really... apart from cleaning up of course, that's a chore.

I've been properly bitten by the bug though.

Yeah, I still get it - as soon as I've pitched the yeast I'm thinking about the next one. In fact, I'm thinking about the next 3 or 4, can never decide which one to do next. Been brewing 5 years now.

I have to restrain myself, I would fill the house with beer, wine n cider otherwise, and the missus also helps by moaning about bottles and dj's and FV's taking up space, I was gonna take it easy for a month at least but blimey my rhubarb is growing well and I had to pick a whole bunch and I feckin love rhubarb wine, can never have enough of that!

Same here. This week will be my 50 brew!!! Still happy as ever.
As for stock, I guess I'm an alcoholic or something. I can't keep it up. Already down to my last 15 bottles. That makes over 300 empty bottles in storage doing nothing. Currently have 3 FV working but 8 are empty. I was waiting for my shipment of Fuggles to come... And it came last night!!! Got Saturday and Sunday off all day, I'm going to fill those FV!!

Still making plan for a long time. It has been a day that I have been waiting for more.

I was supposed to have a brew afternoon on Tuesday (after the waste of time job interview I had in the morning [for a role equivalent to the next grade up from mine but in a different place] which went internal - they had the advert up for the equivalent role to the one I currently do in that team within an hour of them informing me I was unsuccessful, so it was clearly pre-meditated! A days annual leave wasted!!!). I cancelled it at the last minute because I thought my parents were taking me out for lunch. It turns out I'd just been invited along and had to pay for my own. I now need to re-plan my brew day!

Well...at the moment I've got 40 bottles of Biere de Garde, another 40 bottles worth of smoked Biere de Garde ready to bottle and 40 bottles worth of Northern Brown sat in a pressure barrel. And all I want to do is get right on with another brew. Next up is treacle stout and I can't wait.

I jog most mornings before work and spend much of this time thinking about the next brew and how I am going to do it. A lot of this time is focused on what went wrong last time, what caused this and how to get a better result on, say Bank Holiday Monday!!

It is fun isn't it. I've been brewing on and off for years, mostly with extract as I don't have the time for AG(I think). I like the smell and I enjoy the boiling up of malt extract and hops also I put on an audiobook and tidy up the kitchen while the hops are cooking so it all works out nicely. But I think what does it is the anticipation of how the brew is going to turn out and how much not only I will enjoy it but also the friends and family I give it to as well.

Latest posts

Back