And here she is...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheRedDarren

Landlord.
Reaction score
I've called her Shiney.

image.jpg

I picked out a few accessories at the same time, namely a short malt pipe, hood, coil and hop screen.
As everyone else who has had the pleasure to unpack one has said, the build quality is spot on! As is the shine level.
I got it from Greg and Tania at Brewuk. The pair of them could not have been more helpful, top notch service. I also got a few samples of their beer to take home - which is also excellent. (West Coast Pale is a fine drop).
Looking forward to firing her up for a test run in the morning.

Cash discount?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well, I had to haggle a bit but I did get a bit knocked off. Greg said that they have stopped doing discount for cash now.

Do you have any tips for my first brew?
I did a test run this afternoon and everything seems to work fine. My first brewday I think will be a couple of ten litre batches with the short pipe, making some AIPA's.

Oh also I checked out your YouTube channel Hoddy, really good stuff!
I've watched the first four I think.

Well, I had to haggle a bit but I did get a bit knocked off. Greg said that they have stopped doing discount for cash now.

Do you have any tips for my first brew?
I did a test run this afternoon and everything seems to work fine. My first brewday I think will be a couple of ten litre batches with the short pipe, making some AIPA's.

They are expensive bits of kit to send due to their high value so, if you can pick up, its worth haggling as well as they will be saving at their end, you are much more likely to get extra stuff thrown in instead though.
I ended up buying from Get Er Brewed because of the 5% forum discount stacked with their free AG kit and free 30L Speidel fermenter (includes the tap etc that you normally have to buy extra) was such a great deal, I am having to wait a few weeks though for the BM as only the official distributors hold stock and the rest is drop shipped from Speidel themselves.
I did buy all the possible accessories from Brew UK (short malt pipe, chiller, wireless, BAC hop spider, steel hood and thermal coat) though as they still worked out cheaper even after the discount. They are sitting here looking forlorn waiting for the BM itself to turn up. Have a some nice beers lined up to test it out including a riff on GeeTee's slightly sour Slovenian ale (loaded with the Slovenian hops), Seymour's Citra Dark and the smoked lager our I got with it. It's over 700g of hops going in the first two of those for standard batch sizes [emoji3]

Oh also I checked out your YouTube channel Hoddy, really good stuff!
I've watched the first four I think.

Great that your getting to grips with the new shiney [emoji6]

I think I mention a few tips with using the BM in the vids. One of which is avoiding beer fountains by putting at least 5kg (20L) and 3kg 10L in the pipe.

If I haven't Shown it I will do a video of that. It's quite impressive when it happens.

If you have any ideas of things to put in YouTube episodes then let me know. I was thinking about doing my bottle swap review on my channel [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back