starter kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redwineray

Reaction score
hiya all, am off out later to wilko's to pick up the bits and bobs needed to start me on my journey into the world of homemade wine.

could somebody please have a nosey and see if i have missed anything, i will be doing WOW recipes to start off with.

so this is what i'm planning on getting....

dj's and airlocks
syphon tube
pectolase
yeast
yeast nutrient
tannin(cheaper than a box of yorkshire teabags)
finings
campdens
glycerine
sterilising fluid
and a funnel

i think i have covered everything but not 100% sure, any thought's/advice would be appreciated.

Looks good to me chief !

Happy brewing/making 😃😃😃

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Looks good.

tannin(cheaper than a box of yorkshire teabags)

A tip that will save you making the same mistake i did when i tried powdered tannin, mix it with half a cup of the sugar you will add later as if you don't it clumps like lumpy gravy, i went back to teabags as soon as the pot was empty, i use the cheapest tea bags i can find

thanks gents, much appreciated, been and got my kit, just need juice, aldi never had any, asda first thing in the morning for some.:thumb:

Hydrometer and a Thermometer whilst not essential are tools that are well worth the few quid they cost, bottle and DJ brushes will also make life simpler when it comes to bottling and emptying out DJ's. Simple syringes from a chemist for measuring out finings (if you go with kwik clear) will help keep costs down.

thanks for that, i will get them as soon as wilkos gets them in and have already got a supply of those calpol syringe's(free off anybody with baby's):thumb:

Latest posts

Back