Brewery setup, UK or Chinese.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gl0ckage

Regular.
Reaction score
Hey all,

Some of you may know I've been looking to open my own brewery for awhile, not commercially... Yet. The idea is to get setup and allow other brewers to come and brew for almost free ( just cover costs.)

I have a steady business, and I'm employed so I am saving my money to invest in a brewery set up.

I'm just getting prices so far I've seen pbc brewery installations, which seem a lot of money however you get help from start to finish. But for a 4 barrel brewery (650L, 140 UK gallons) your talking 40k for a full set up floors, electricity etc.

Or the ones I have seen on alibaba, now I used alibaba for one of my previous businesses and found it quite easy to deal with.

They haven't given me a price yet but it would be 200L with multiple fermenters.

f7d3b6c4dc745b60fb14f80c2242ad59.jpg
7693eec0520408513a9f098cf3f57acf.jpg
cff169b5adc0bae6f386877455ae9349.jpg

Now putting it that it would be 10k dollars maximum on purchase with installation etc. All i would need is the unit kitted out to please the EHO.

What do you guys reckon?

Also I have no idea how to brew on commercial items and if I go ahead with the alibaba one i would be requiring someone to possibly part knowledge with me.

Accommodation paid for 1 week of setup, use of the brewery for 6 months (when I'm not brewing) for the person that helps setup.

Now this isn't going to happen overnight, I am currently sat at 4k for my brewery fund. If Chinese one is bought I'd be possibly up and running mid 2017 possible end of 2017.

So and advice is welcome in regards to the Chinese setup.
I've been to 2 local breweries and had a look around unfortunately they won't let me spend a free day with them brewing.

PS : pbc would have a plastic fermenter but the Chinese is all SS

I have no idea about what your asking but Ubrew do something similar to what your initually proposing - "The idea is to get setup and allow other brewers to come and brew for almost free ( just cover costs.)" But charge for the privalidge. They started in London, about 20mins wak from me in Bermondsey. They've recently opened another branch im Manchester. Now, I have no idea how close Manchester is to Huddersfield, all I know is they both up north somewhere. Perhaps you could book yourself on one of their brew sessions to do a bit of a reccy?

https://ubrew.cc/

Sorry getting confused. What do you want? Advice on the two or someone to set it up?

I can't get those images to load any bigger so can't see what the deal is. I would be sceptical buying something that cheap that should be a lot more, plus for 10k I would want to see it and have a company that I could easily contact

Latest posts

Back