Beer Geek

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy123

Reaction score
I have loved tasting beers (especially hope Pale Ales) for a long time and at the turn of the year, I was given a home brew kit as a birthday present.

https://www.balliihoo.co.uk/#balliihoo-complete-starter-set-best-seller-p-19.html

I started on a Golden Stagg Summer Ale and although tasty, it didn't have much fizz.

I have moved on to a Four Fingers Jack APA and this went in last night.

Eager to brew, listen and learn!

Any help or advice would be gratefully received.

I believe (never used one myself to confirm) if you are using a pressure barrel the beer will be much more like a cask ale so won't have a massive amount of fizz. If you prefer more carbonation you'd be better bottling.

I believe (never used one myself to confirm) if you are using a pressure barrel the beer will be much more like a cask ale so won't have a massive amount of fizz. If you prefer more carbonation you'd be better bottling.

Ah right. Never knew that a keg would have so much impact.
Was thinking of splitting the brew and bottling some, as well as kegging the rest.

Welcome, I'd recommend the young's American IPA kit if you like hoppy beers

Cheers guys.

Kman - started Five Finger Jack APA last weekend. Hopefully it is progressing nicely!

Latest posts

Back