Dry hopping question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko23

Reaction score
Done an IPA, simple malt bill of Maris Otter and flaked oats, and have bittered with Columbus and then added equal amounts of citra and mosaic late and end of boil. About to dry hop with citra and mosaic, was going to do equal amounts again, or would it be better to have more of one than the other? I know there's no right answer, just thought somebody will have made a similar beer!

A relative novice here. Have been doing some small batch extract brews(experimenting) and have done a couple with both Amarillo and Cascade hops. Have done one equal amounts and one more cascade than Amarillo and that one i find just nicer. Think Amarillo is a tad more overpowering!!.
I don't know what your two hops are like, never used them but perhaps do more of the less ,for want of a better word, overpowering one.
Just a thought.:)

What batch size is it? I just dry hopped my last beer with 100g of each cascade. Amarillo and simcoe. Lovely it was too. My next brew will have 100g of both mosaic and Citra pellets dry hopping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you dry hop with a single hop there is less chance of muddled aromas and gives that single hop to shine through, citra is a nice hope though.

am about to dry hop my latest creation with Sorachi, never used it before and will report back on a separate thread later on

It's 9 litres. I ended up finishing my hops in it, which equated to 40g, 25 mosaic, 15 citra. Probably overkill, but seemed pointless to leave a few grams in the freezer!

Done an IPA, simple malt bill of Maris Otter and flaked oats, and have bittered with Columbus and then added equal amounts of citra and mosaic late and end of boil. About to dry hop with citra and mosaic, was going to do equal amounts again, or would it be better to have more of one than the other? I know there's no right answer, just thought somebody will have made a similar beer!

galaxy and amarillo go together nice in equal amounts :thumb:

Latest posts

Back