Coopers New Kit Range

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone tried any of the kits from Coopers new range. They were released about six months in Australia and I have noticed they are beginning to become available in the UK e.g Homebrew Company, and The Homebrew Shop. For example there is now an American style India Pale Ale, although they have dropped the Thomas Cooper IPA. The new cans have a different label to the old range even on some of the kits that have been carried forward.
I have bought a Brew A India Pale Ale which is new. When I get round to do it, I will report back.
And if you buy some of the old label Coopers kits they are now old stock.

My first of the new coopers range was the heffe wheat beer. Brewed to labelled instructions. Bottled after 2 weeks in fv. It's six weeks old now and in my opinion I would say it was just ok. Drinkable but nothing special.

Next I brewed the Devils half ruby porter. Brewed to instructions. Been in bottles for 2 weeks. Now this in my opinion is a beautiful pint. Full bodied and full of flavour. I think it will just get better with age. Would recommend this one.

Started the 86 Day pilsner and has been in the fv for 7 day and still a slight bubble. Will post with an update when ready.

Anyone tried any of the kits from Coopers new range. They were released about six months in Australia and I have noticed they are beginning to become available in the UK e.g Homebrew Company, and The Homebrew Shop. For example there is now an American style India Pale Ale, although they have dropped the Thomas Cooper IPA. The new cans have a different label to the old range even on some of the kits that have been carried forward.
I have bought a Brew A India Pale Ale which is new. When I get round to do it, I will report back.
And if you buy some of the old label Coopers kits they are now old stock.

Done the Coopers 86 day larger been bottled 3 week its great larger No home brew twang at all did dry hop after fermentation but can't remember which hops didn't write it down

Next I brewed the Devils half ruby porter. Brewed to instructions. Been in bottles for 2 weeks. Now this in my opinion is a beautiful pint. Full bodied and full of flavour. I think it will just get better with age. Would recommend this one.

Good to know as I had my eye on this one for a future brew :thumb:

I have just bought a Coopers Devils Half Acre Ruby Porter. Hoping it will be as good as their Original Stout kit. I have another brew to go on first but will report back once it's done.

I made the amber ale about 6 weeks ago but brewed short to 20 litres and dry hopped with 50g of Cascade. I realy like the dark ale which I think this replaced so fingers crossed when it's done conditioning.

I made the amber ale about 6 weeks ago but brewed short to 20 litres and dry hopped with 50g of Cascade. I realy like the dark ale which I think this replaced so fingers crossed when it's done conditioning.

6 weeks!!!
And you haven't tried it????
Ooooooft, puts me well to shame

6 weeks!!!
And you haven't tried it????
Ooooooft, puts me well to shame

Haha, only because I'm wading my way through 40 pints of Brupacks scammonden stout which is seriously good even if I do say so myself! On a serious note, I have learned to leave beer to ferment and condition BUT I always keep the brewing rolling so I've got plenty in reserve.

i have tried ruby porter. Used also sladovna bruntal dark LME. (czech republican. very dark malt almost same colour as ruby porter) used kit yeast and result was very pleasing. i can suggest that kit. i really wonder amber ale kit too.

6 WEEKS, if only :drunk:
2x2x2 = 2 in,FV.
= 2 carbing up
= 2 weeks, I e drank it :whistle:

Glad to hear good reviews for the Devils Half Ruby Porter - I have this in the FV at the moment. I had some leftover grains from recent AG brews, so I steeped 100g crystal malt, 100g chocolate malt and 50g flaked barley for 30mins and added this into the kit (after boiling for 15 mins).

I was tempted to make it without any additions in order to properly try the kit, but have always had great results from steeping grains. I'll let you know how it turns out.

The new coopers AIPA is a waste of time,don't bother its a boring bland ale with a did yeast
But hopefully currently being transformed into a stunning Dark Ale/Porter in my FV as I write :thumb:

Glad to hear good reviews for the Devils Half Ruby Porter - I have this in the FV at the moment.
Why not be the first to post a review in the 'Beer Kits & Brewing Equipment Reviews' section :thumb:

Why not be the first to post a review in the 'Beer Kits & Brewing Equipment Reviews' section :thumb:

Will do. Should be ready to bottle this weekend, so ill put up a review once it's carbonated (that's normally as long as I can wait before curiosity gets too much and I have to try one).

Back