Mini keg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jam

Regular.
Reaction score
I've got a brew on the go now and was wondering rather than bottling would it be ok to put into mini kegs . If so how long would it keep in them and would I have to get some kind of tap for it ?

You can think of a mini keg as a 5L bottle. The beer will keep in them until you open it.

You can batch prime it like a bottle. MK aren't supposed to be able to take as much pressure as a bottle. I just put 20g of sugar in each one. Some people though seem to prime MK's as much as a bottle. I haven't tried that as I cant afford to buy anymore at the mo if I accidently blow my kegs up.

You can just use the gravity tap. Especially if your going away camping, as I doubt it'll last a day or two. I usually drink my MK over about 3 days and just use the gravity tap

You can think of a mini keg as a 5L bottle. The beer will keep in them until you open it.

You can batch prime it like a bottle. MK aren't supposed to be able to take as much pressure as a bottle. I just put 20g of sugar in each one. Some people though seem to prime MK's as much as a bottle. I haven't tried that as I cant afford to buy anymore at the mo if I accidently blow my kegs up.

You can just use the gravity tap. Especially if your going away camping, as I doubt it'll last a day or two. I usually drink my MK over about 3 days and just use the gravity tap

What if I've already primed in my secondary fv could I still fill this to go away ?

What if I've already primed in my secondary fv could I still fill this to go away ?

Yes, no problem. but you might not want to prime as highly as you normally would a bottle. Also to chill you can use a picnic bag with some ice bottles. They'll keep the beer cold for 24 hours before melting

Yes, no problem. but you might not want to prime as highly as you normally would a bottle. Also to chill you can use a picnic bag with some ice bottles. They'll keep the beer cold for 24 hours before melting

Thanks think I'll use your method 20g per keg 😉

Latest posts

Back