Register Now!
The HomeBrew Forum > Beer Brewing Talk > Beer Brewdays! > Trying Landlord with Mangrove Jacks

Help Support The Homebrew Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 06-07-2016, 07:44 AM   #1
whinton

Liked 17 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Default Trying Landlord with Mangrove Jacks

Well, after the last couple of failed brews I'm going back to what worked well.
Tomorrow I'm brewing the Timothy Taylor landlord recipe from GW's book.
This was my first AG attempt in March this year. The result that time was very good although it wasn't as clear as I would have liked. With a few more brews under my belt I've learned a lot so am aiming for near perfection this time
I am going to try a different yeast though. I used to use the reliable SO4 but after the last couple of brews I've decided to try Mangrove Jacks M36 Liberty Bell.
I wrote to Mangrove Jacks for some pointers and they were very helpful.
With the changing weather I'm going to have to try different ways to keep my fermentation temp down. The cupboard I usually use keeps the temp stable but it's quite high at 22 degrees. Ideally I would like 20 degrees. I don't have a beer fridge. (well I do but the wife likes to keep milk, cheese, meats, yoghurts etc in it and my beer is banned )
Cheers