Looking for a bottle swap

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crystal_Ball

Reaction score
Im happy to swap one of my AG bottles in return for someone else's brew and some constructive criticism of my brew as i have just started out on my AG adventure. Currently i have the below if anyone wants to swap? I don't have the packaging so I'm looking for some one that has.

AG#1 Greg Hughes Rye Beer - Bottled 09/05/16
Hoppy and fruity

AG#2 St Austell Proper Job Clone - Bottled 17/05/16
Very hoppy as per the commercial

AG#3 Greg Hughes Summer Ale - Bottled 06/06/16
Traditional British ale session beer

Looking forward to some potential feedback.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind trying the rye one, it's on my long list to do.

I have a vanilla brown porter - not much vanilla taste.
A dry stout, gh's belgian blonde ale, a Belgian dark 9.6%, and I may have a hoppy Slovenian ale left

I wouldn't mind trying the rye one, it's on my long list to do.

I have a vanilla brown porter - not much vanilla taste.
A dry stout, gh's belgian blonde ale, a Belgian dark 9.6%, and I may have a hoppy Slovenian ale left

I kindly received my bottle swap this week from Leon and he sent me his GH's Belgian blonde ale. So here is my live review in partner with SWMBO.

Unfortunately it spurted out the top of the bottle a bit on opening so a little cloudy in appearance.
Crisp and refreshing with a limey citrusy taste, but not overpowering. Definitely a summers day BBQ drink although at 6.5% not too may of them!

Thanks for taking the time to send this through. Enjoyed it very and much and up my street in terms of beer i would choose to drink. Much appreciated!

Think i may look to do this recipe as i have this book.

Thanks for the kind words your bottle arrived today. I have put it in the fridge and will leave it a week. I think the post woman threw it about a bit because it's got a foamy head in the bottle.

Sorry it spurt out, guess that's the only downfall of the postal system.

Thanks for the kind words your bottle arrived today. I have put it in the fridge and will leave it a week. I think the post woman threw it about a bit because it's got a foamy head in the bottle.

Sorry it spurt out, guess that's the only downfall of the postal system.

I look forward to the review whatever your option.

Just noticed you're doing the Greg Hughes Cream Ale...if you're interested in a swap when that's ready let me know. :)

Definitely interested! Not bottled yet so will be in touch when ready.
Although...... I was suppose to put in Wyeast 2112 as per the recipe in his book, but i didn't check the packet and i used Wyeast 1056 so not quite to the recipe! :doh:
Still interested?!

Sorry forgot about this.

What a lovely pint. Nice, pale with a great head which lasted until the last drop. I think it can do with a bit more hops at dry hopping stage, well at least for my tastes. I would make this recipe. Haven't had made rye beers, I did find it a bit over powering but I got used to the rye taste in the end and wanted another so that's a good sign. Thanks for the swap, I have added the recipe to my 'to do' list

Here is my review of dan125 YPA that was swapped for my Proper Job clone

Ive had this in the fridge for nearly 3 weeks. I understand that it will have had around 8 weeks in the bottle by now.

Golden orange in colour although a little hazy. (Im thinking these postal bottle swaps are the reason)
Taste wise to start it is creamy and followed by a quite bitter taste. After taste is nutty and i would say similar to hazelnut.
I wouldn't have said it tastes like 7.2% although after a few I might change my mid on that.
I love the slamming hop flavour!!!

Here is my review of dan125 YPA that was swapped for my Proper Job clone

Ive had this in the fridge for nearly 3 weeks. I understand that it will have had around 8 weeks in the bottle by now.

Golden orange in colour although a little hazy. (Im thinking these postal bottle swaps are the reason)
Taste wise to start it is creamy and followed by a quite bitter taste. After taste is nutty and i would say similar to hazelnut.
I wouldn't have said it tastes like 7.2% although after a few I might change my mid on that.
I love the slamming hop flavour!!!

Thanks mate
I had one of the last couple of these the other day, having left them alone for a couple of weeks.
Mine was still hazy even without going through the post and I'm pretty sure this (as well as the creaminess) is down to the Vermont yeast.
I thought the hop character had diminished a bit and I could notice the alcohol more, but like you say it doesn't taste as strong as the hydrometer says it is.
Interesting what you say about a nutty flavour - there's something about the beer I've not been able to put my finger on and it could be this.
Cheers for the swap! :cheers:

Definitely interested! Not bottled yet so will be in touch when ready.
Although...... I was suppose to put in Wyeast 2112 as per the recipe in his book, but i didn't check the packet and i used Wyeast 1056 so not quite to the recipe! :doh:
Still interested?!

If you're still interested in a swap I've got a Mikkeller Milk Stout and a Jester & Centennial IPA available? The stout could do with more conditioning time (maybe a month or 2) but I'm happy to send out either.

If you're still interested in a swap I've got a Mikkeller Milk Stout and a Jester & Centennial IPA available? The stout could do with more conditioning time (maybe a month or 2) but I'm happy to send out either.

The Centennial IPA sounds a great swap as I haven't used that hop before. Do you have the bottle packaging available? If so ill send you a PM with my address.

Latest posts

Back