Which kit next?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bleery

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a new brewer and have made one kit and have another in the fermenter - I'm looking for some recommendations about what kit to go for next? I'm looking for something with relatively low alcohol,l so I can have a few without falling down. Also, I'm not a huge fan of really hoppy brews, I tend to prefer sweeter beers. Any suggestions gratefully received!

Welcome aboard Bleery, Firstly, what kits have you done and how did they come out? Secondly, with a couple of kits under your belt you could look at a Wherry with a hop addition of some kind, there's plenty of threads on here on how to do it, a bit of a hop tea or dry hopping. I know that a couple of weeks ago the Wherry was ���£16 in Wilko and the Coopers kits were ���£10.

Just checked, Wherry is still ��£16, Coopers English Bitter and Stout��£10 and their own Cerveza and Hoppy Copper are ��£8.

Thanks LarryF, I'm drinking a Coopers Wheat Beer, fermented with 800g light DME and batch primed with 225g sugar. Got it down from 1.058 to 1.010 and I'm really pleased with it. Like I said, I like sweeter beer. I've got a Coopers Irish Stout on the go at the moment but I'm intrigued by the possibility with dry hopping.

Woodforde's Wherry
Yep...WW or Admiral's Reserve - nicely malty. Ignore the 5.5% it says on the box, with Woodfordes yeast you'll be lucky to get 4.5%. Nice pint though, if you give it plenty of time. Don't do what I did and bottle it after 6 days, like it says on the box, wait til it's finished fermenting.

Thank for the recommendations - I've ordered a Woodfordes Wherry from Wilko and will get it on as soon as my stout is bottled!

Back