Watch.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I imagine like me most of us wear our watches this way -

1241949905631606676.jpg

I have just seen someone with the face on the inside of the wrist, why do you/they do this?

Possibly because it is ever so slightly easier to glance at your watch? To look at your watch full face if it is on 'the front' of your arm you have to rotate your wrist and lift your elbow up.
If it is on the 'back' of your arm you merely have to glance down and rotate your wrist. Not much in it but that's the only reason I can think of.

And I very rarely wear a watch anyway. Not so bad now in my present (and last) career but for most of my life I have worked in various areas of the electronics field.
When I was doing repairs on TV's it could be a bit of a hazard when working on a live chassis to have a metal object strapped to your arm when inserting it into the innards of the TV.

Thanks Wysh, so the military wear them so they don't reflect the sun and give their positions away and nurses do it so it makes taking a pulse easier.

What a bout the normal everyday folk here?

I don't wear a watch in fact I don't like watches! I often look at them through the safety of a jewellers window and think that some,do indeed,seem quite nice and would help with time keeping and being where I should...but at the moment they're not for me..

regards

Clint

I don't wear a watch in fact I don't like watches! I often look at them through the safety of a jewellers window and think that some,do indeed,seem quite nice and would help with time keeping and being where I should...but at the moment they're not for me..

regards

Clint

Don't worry you can order on the internet..... the time will come!

I've never had the inclination ever to wear a watch, these days with mobile phones abounding everywhere i think watches are gonna end up a thing of the past in the not to distant future.

regards

Clint

I guess now we have mobile phones and clocks in our vehicles watches are not as necessary as they were a few years ago, i still wear one every day, i don't do jewellery but i like a nice looking watch.

I've got a small collection of mechanical watches. I went Years without wearing one, but decided to get one for my 40th. That led to a few more purchases...Wearing a watch is more than just having a method of telling the time. They're nice things to have :thumb:

...my dislike is as some people are with spiders...

regards

Clint

I thought you were joking but have just read this -

Chronomentrophobia

I’ve never been able to wear a watch because it’s like my friend Jamie Pelfrey aptly described, “all I can feel is this thing that is trapped between my hand and arm…it feels like a one-sided handcuff.”

It feels claustrophobic on my wrist like it’s trying to strangle me… and worse? In my mind, it requires way too much time to put on and take off.

depending on who you speak to will give you a diffrent answer, but essentially ( this isnt aimed at anyone btw) it was to signify if you were a worker or a shirker. if you are working with your hands then you will catch/batter your watch when it is on the outside + it is just to show other people the time. if its on the inside of the arm then you wont catch and then bust the screen and you can see the time while working or holding something, thus not needing to stop

haven't worn a wrist watch for years due to the fact the time of day is always displayed on the smart phone,pretty much outdated today in my opinion unless you wear one like a piece of jewelry

haven't worn a wrist watch for years due to the fact the time of day is always displayed on the smart phone,pretty much outdated today in my opinion unless you wear one like a piece of jewelry

I have already said i like a nice watch (BTW that doesn't mean expensive) but i also find wearing one handy (no pun intended) i have my phone in my front pocket of my work trousers as i haven't anywhere else to put it so to look at the time means i have to get it out of the pocket, type in my pin then look at the time, its far quicker to look at my watch.

Latest posts

Back