Hello from Wirral

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poochops

Landlord.
Reaction score
Well, Bebington to narrow it down a little, my names Si and I've been lurking for a few weeks reading up and trying to absorb the gist of what brewing is all about. I used to make wine up till about ten years ago with reasonable success but more by good luck than anything else:whistle:

Thirty years ago I'd brew up a tin of Tom caxtons bitter and throw it in a rotokeg for my dad each month, it was shocking stuff but he used to drink it regardless! Having read the forum I can think of a few reasons why it was so bad, I used to use a brew belt and I reckon the brews must have been knocking 30 degrees most of the time. I'd use normal sugar and it'd get kegged after five days whether it was ready or not, you can imagine what it tasted like:sick::sick::sick::sick:

Anyway I've got my first brew on and it's going well so far, it's a Wherry kit after reading how realiably consistent it is for taste, I'll post up about it on the kit thread.

Good to say hello to you all. Cheers, Si

Welcome aboard Si, keep us posted on the Wherry and how it goes. Got any other brews planned?

Cheers, next brews an evil dog double ipa going on tomorrow, hopefully be ready to quaff at Christmas :)

Latest posts

Back