Hello from Aberdeenshire

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gnasher

Reaction score
Good Morning folks, I am new to homebrewing and was given a Coopers craft kit as a gift. I have since "upgraded" to the full size Coopers kit.

My first brew was the Coopers Bewitched Amber Ale which I have bottled and leaving to secondary ferment.

My second brew was a Dark Winter Ale which should have been bottled yesterday after two weeks in the FV. After tasting a sample it had a strange flavour, kind of metallic aftertaste, so that went in the bin.

I am on my third brew, first one in full size (23L) Coopers FV and brewing a Coopers Irish Stout. I added 300g of dextrose and 500g of LDM along with kit yeast sachet and also threw in an extra 5g kit yeast from Diablo IPA kit.

Only been about 17 hours in FV, got some foam but not as much as I was expecting. The yeast was pitched at 22C and OG was 1029. I hope this won't be a bad one too.

Anyway, I look forward to reading your advice and welcome any suggestions you may have. All help will be thankfully received and gratefully applied. :)

Latest posts

Back