First Brew?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wysh

Reaction score
Any advice as to which kit I should brew first?

In my first delivery, when it arrives, I have a basic brewing kit.

I have an On the Rocks Mixed Berry Cider.

A John Bull London Porter

2 kgs brewing sugar

2 packs Coopers brew enhancer 2

In my second order,only just sent, I have;

2x Coopers Stout

3x Coopers beer enhancer 2
2 x Munton Dark malt extract

A Geordie Mild

And a Woodfordes Wherry.

I'm hoping the kit arrives Monday or Tuesday as those are my days off this week.
If I can stand the wait I might try to hold on till the Wherry arrives as I guess that will be the easiest, however none of them look particularly difficult.

I also have to factor in that I will be away on holiday from 21st August till 2nd September so I need to make sure that a particular step doesn't need doing while i'm away.

Any of your beer kits should be fermented out by the time you go on Holiday if they arrive in the next few days, if so try and get whatever one you do bottled before you go then at least by the time your back it will be well conditioned and ready for cold crashing. I would lean towards doing one of the stouts first as it will probably benefit most from maturing in the bottle.

Any of your beer kits should be fermented out by the time you go on Holiday if they arrive in the next few days, if so try and get whatever one you do bottled before you go then at least by the time your back it will be well conditioned and ready for cold crashing. I would lean towards doing one of the stouts first as it will probably benefit most from maturing in the bottle.

+1 they benefit more from longer conditioning time :-)

Back